Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^ I'm not sure about countries that ride on the right side of the road, but in Australia we ride on the left also. Looking at the beam on mine from the stock halogen headlight and since I've changed the globe to a HID, there is no cutoff to the right side like there is with car headlights. The beam just goes straight out on the centre line of the bike.

I don't know whether it is done like this because you can position yourself on either side of the lane, I'm also not sure if the cbr250 is like this because it only has the single headlight, but the easiest way to check would be to aim it at a wall so you can see if there is any cut off. Just straddle the bike with both feet on the ground and you'll see straight away if there is any beam cut off.

I should also say I'm interested in this too as after almost 10 years and 23000km or so of running a HID in the stock headlight, it isn't looking very good on the reflector inside the headlight...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Just note, in India riders ride on the left side of the road, so the standard of the main lamp is a standard that is suitable for riding on the left side. For countries where the riding is on the right side it will not fit, it will dazzle even in low beam!
I never heard that motorcycle headlights are aimed to the left or right depending on the country. The standard headlight on my CBR250R points straight ahead.

Maybe @Adithya Pillai can tell us how his LED headlight is aimed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@Tamir what you're saying is mostly found in cars. Bike mostly have the spread even. In my hedlight the visibility is more focused in the centre not like cars

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@Stichill I agree with what you just said. The light is more focused in the centre and not left/right. The highbeam is projected in the centre of the road without interfering with the oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In order to wire it up, I had to open up the socket on the headlight unit (it's a screw Type socket). After doing that there is a small modification you have to do. Cut the existing 4 wires and re-wire them according to a follow-up post I will do later. The problem being the main connector that connects to the headlight unit is hard-wired in that new wiring harness (CBR250r 2018). To workaround that I cut up a Computer Power Supply PCIe power connector and used that to connect to the socket and put silicone sealant to seal from dust and water.
Thanks a lot for this info

21 - 28 of 28 Posts