Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, would you tell me where can I get this new headlight and if there's anyway to ship it overseas?
I'm from Indonesia and I found it's really difficult to get these anywhere online, I really wanted to update the look of my current CBR.

Thank you!
Well if you want to fit this led front light on cbr250r bsv3 then you have to change the whole wiring and that will cost you more than headlight
And the headlight u will get from honda service center easily

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The quality and power of bulbs,
when you take into account the quality of the problematic reflector in the CBR250R models 2011-2013;):censored:,
goes in the following order:
  • Incandescent bulb - Very Poor Light
  • Halogen bulb - Not Good Enough but Acceptably (My Philips vision is Halogen)
  • Xenon/HID bulb - Good
    High-quality xenon bulbs are prohibited in certain countries, and their lifespan is as short as half the lifespan of a halogen bulb.
Honestly i do not think it was that much of an effort for me to fit this thing on my bike, but I do have some knowledge in the electronics department. Regarding the wiring I did make appropriate connectors to the wiring so that it can be plug and play. I did crack open one of these headlights and boy ohh boy was i surprised. It has a lot of complex voltage and current regulations for each led chip. It has been running fine on my bike without any issues, its been 2 years now ? not sure but working great and i wont be surprised if this headlight lasts forever. The main reason why I fit this thing was because i went through about 4 or so H4 leds and they all failed in like 6 months or so. Heres the insides of the headlight
Circuit component Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Electronic engineering Electronic instrument

Attachments

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well if you want to fit this led front light on cbr250r bsv3 then you have to change the whole wiring and that will cost you more than headlight
And the headlight u will get from honda service center easily
I am not sure if you read the whole post or not but you cannot change your wiring harness just to make this headlight work with it here's the reasons why. Your current ECU will not work with that wiring harness. Yes you can make this work on your existing wiring by only making changes to the headlight itself. I made it work with mine with minimal mods i am sure you can too, Just need the time and efforts ;)

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,076 Posts
I am not sure if you read the whole post or not but you cannot change your wiring harness just to make this headlight work with it here's the reasons why. Your current ECU will not work with that wiring harness. Yes you can make this work on your existing wiring by only making changes to the headlight itself. I made it work with mine with minimal mods i am sure you can too, Just need the time and efforts ;)
This designed headlight that only entered a certain year (2018) and only in the markets of India, is probably too expensive. Otherwise we would have already found the it for sale online, plus adapters (without having to do manual wiring like you did). I'm guessing it's just too expensive. That's why I emphasized(Tamir said) the use of a quality H4 Xenon/HID bulb turns a weak headlight into a reasonable quality one.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Got my new headlight unit for Rs6000 roughly 85$ They do look great.
Beyond the amazing design, I'm not at all sure that in the light intensity test it's worth all the trouble. A quality halogen bulb, and certainly a quality xenon bulb, give a satisfactory result.
Curiosity and the amazing design lead me to the following question:
Adithya Pillai, Suppose I managed to buy CBR250r New LED UNIT Part Number : LIGHT ASSYHEAD (33100-KYJ-UB1)...
In terms of efficient maintenance, what type of LED bulbs is in it? Suppose my LED bulb burned out? Which LED bulb should I buy for that special LED headlight?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Beyond the amazing design, I'm not at all sure that in the light intensity test it's worth all the trouble. A quality halogen bulb, and certainly a quality xenon bulb, give a satisfactory result.
Curiosity and the amazing design lead me to the following question:
Adithya Pillai, Suppose I managed to buy CBR250r New LED UNIT Part Number : LIGHT ASSYHEAD (33100-KYJ-UB1)...
In terms of efficient maintenance, what type of LED bulbs is in it? Suppose my LED bulb burned out? Which LED bulb should I buy for that special LED headlight?
I do not think it would be worth the hassle to open the headlight unit and solder in new sets of leds. It looked like COB leds to me i am not sure.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
I do not think it would be worth the hassle to open the headlight unit and solder in new sets of leds. It looked like COB leds to me i am not sure.
In such a case, it seems fair enough to me: The lifespan of such LED "bulbs" may reach 50,000 hours (a 100 times more then halogen lamp)...mmm

41 - 47 of 47 Posts