Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wait, what? I thought it was only legal to do wheelies at 90mph while splitting lanes on the expressway in rush-hour traffic?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The lad has skills.. Grew up on a dirtbike?

At least this vid is a bit more deserted but still a few intersections there.

First gear? they land hard dont they. Get it into 2nd and it will be smoother and safer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wish I could do that :eek: probably a good thing I can't :D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If you have to ask then best not to try.

The cbr is wheeliable.... anything is actually.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I figured the place to go for how to wheelie info was YouTube.

Went there but somehow got hung watching a video showing a Canadian girl strip down to a thong on the street and give hugs to strangers on a street, part of some radio show or something.

Was going to go on a ride this weekend but Canada is only a couple of hours away, maybe take a drive up there insead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok at least tell me this what is your rolling speed. iv been doing ok at about 15 every time i try it i get better and better but not up like you did.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you want to go all the way up, then you need to know what the balance point feels like. It's better to practice on something less expensive, like a wheel chair or a bicycle.

You shift your weight and 'pop' the clutch at the same time, but then you need to give it some gas. more than you think, but not too much. The cbr250r goes up easily and is very forgiving, it has a nice balance and, in 1st, will bring you back down when you let off on the gas.

I really recommend the bicycle. That will show you how much power you need and where you need to go. And it won't be so bad when you go over backwards. You should also watch someone up close and have them give you pointers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to have a NX250, that would wheelie, just barely. I just had to wind it up and drop the clutch. It wasn't pretty. Reminds me of when I was trying to do a burnout on a friends ZX9. It stood straight up on me, like a stunt bike. Buddy said he could see the pipes under the fairing, LOL.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Our little 50cc scooter will wheelie... it's just a matter of knowing how to do it and not being afraid to fall a few times

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
please do not attempt to learn how to stunt on this bike. is almost impossible.
there is a lot of other things involved in making wheelie for me to explain it on thread , or even in a week or a month. but i will try to explain:

1-throttle control.2-balance point.3-rear brake control.
sound easy but it takes LOTS of practice.
plus 100% of all real stunt drivers have "crashed" their bikes at some point & this bike is so new that it doesn't even have a first aid kit.(parts)

there's other things that can help you practice, like motorcycle settings, but if you really want to learn the beautiful feeling of making a wheelie, (like everything that takes skill), you have to start at the basics.

honda also makes my 2nd favorite toy the CRF50r. if you master the 1,2,3's on that, then you should be ok to start trying it on bigger motorcycles.

on this bike im trying to go from a dead stop to the balance point , which is very hard to learn on this bike.basically popping the clutch at such high RPM's that the bike is looping to the balance point
if i past the balance point i rely on rear brake control/throttle.

i beg you for your motorcycle sake, dont try to wheelie your BRAND NEW baby !
but you probably will.
if you must, go to an empty field because chances are you will drop the bike & she wont like that !
and dont let a 50 fool you, it will kill you or put you in the ICU just as fast as the 250's , 600's , 1000's, etc. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LID (helmet) & gloves !

i will try to answer any questions about this subject but i do NOT recommend you wheelie your bike.

p.s. dont forget to drink your badger milk before you stunt !
i miss you badger, :( i hope you got my stupid joke. maybe a comeback on what a dummy i am for slamming the bike with my "rear brake skills" on that first wheelie would be nice :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good to see you are still alive Snipe! I feel more at ease watching you pull a mono vs the freeway adventures! :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to see you are still alive Snipe! I feel more at ease watching you pull a mono vs the freeway adventures! :D
thanks a lot stumps...i think ?... is good to know i have the support of my fellow 250 riders...:mad:

lots are better than freeways but don be fooled, lots are deadly too.
every time you get on your bike, chances are you will die. increase you chance of survival by : wearing protective gear, driving in good conditions (weather,roads,etc), staying focused & driving within your limits.

a kid let his buddy drive his R1 on the lot.kid drives up the spot , drives back down the spot fast & smacked a parked semi killing the kid & injuring a few innocent by-standers....true story !
always stay focused , even if you are just a by-stander !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts