Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Yesterday I went for test ride of CBR250R.
I saw almost 3-4 bikes parked in showroom. 1 of them was for test ride.
After test ride I was checking the other CBRs standing there. As somebody on forum already posted few snaps showing scratched paint parts of fairing, so I wanted to check for any such signs on stock bikes (and not the 1 which was offered for test ride)

Guys please see these snaps n judge urself.

there is a difference in fitting of tank n fairing part
fairing fit is different on left and right side
at 1 location paint was scratched
tank n fairing has wide gap

All those ppl who already got their CBRs, please comment.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
That Bike is filthy considering it is suppose to be new:eek:..... Cant see much from the pics. Surley if you are not happy with the bike when you pick it up you wouldnt except it. If there are scratchs or you are not happy with it dont take it.

Where are you located? I have never seen a bike in this state in any shop in Australia......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am from india
actually...it's raining here hence u see that mudd on tank...but as bike was kept outside d showroom...rain water got splashed over it

·
Registered
706 Posts
There is only one complaint I have about mine and it's wrinkled paint in a few spots near the edges of fairings. Everything else was spotless.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tank farings have a gap so they dont rub and wear out the paint on the tank

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine had a few tiny scratches on the tank but they were able to buff them out. It looked perfect when they delivered it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
@Chandan - No offense, but why did you accept the vehicle when you found so much defects? Shouldn't you have asked the dealer to fix those things before handing it over to you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
651 off the line found a part packing list under the seat dated 22/1/11 so i know the date my bike was completed in Thailand, how cool is that

chasp UK

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to look at a Ducati 696 at a Honda dealer. While I was there I saw the CBR and ordered one instead of the Ducati. When it came in 6 weeks later it was #696 off the line in Thailand. So I got my 696, just not a Ducati!

Spooky.

·
Registered
35 Posts
where is the production number loacated? last digits in the VIN?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shift Linkage

I was riding along in the mountains and go to shift and there is no shift lever... All else was fine and I pulled over to find the nut that holds the lever pivot had worked itself off. The linkage itself was intact and hanging there so I borrowed a lock nut off the chain adjuster to get home. Not a big deal but a bit surprising. Certainly a 'showstopper' though.

I checked another CBR250RA and the missing bolt was nothing special. So I got a self-locking one (plus a few other nuts,washers, etc for my toolkit) and it is all working fine. I checked all the other bolts and they were fine.

Might be worth a check as this area of the bike has significant vibration.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
^ That happened me on a 10 yr old 2 stroke 150. Sure comes as a surprise when you go to change gear and the lever's gone.

^^That's pretty cool. I rode mine off the floor on Dec 22nd 2010, about a day after they were (kind of ) released. Gotta check what number it is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The first thing I do with a new bike is change a lot of the nuts for self locking ones. When manufacturers are trying to shave costs, they will even put non-locking nuts instead of self-locking in silly places to save a few fractions of a £/$/Euro.
Also it may be worth repalcing some with stainless steel stuff if you use the bike in wet weather otherwise in a few years you may find a few nuts and bolts seized up.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Can the Americans on here tell us where their Cbr's where made... India or Thailand?
I read somewhere that India was supplying North and South America and of course India..but that initially even India's bikes would be from Thailand...Maybe what I read was wrong or maybe USA is getting thai made bikes INITIALLY then from India...I hope mine is a thai bike if I get it next week like I am supposed to..I am hearing alot bad things about the quality of CBR250's manufactured in India

·
Registered
636 Posts
mine was born in thailand,also that bike is filthy...the bikes in the showroom are the ones you should critique unless you plan on trying to buy the test bike everyone hos been riding..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts