Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from Colorado!!

Getting the little 250 ready to race in the next round of the Colorado MRA organization, I will be the only Honda in a field of Ninja 250's.... It is a new spec 250 class that we are racing this year so I am excited to see how she does!!

Will post up a build thread, so far I have rear sets installed, two brothers exhaust is on its way, Pirelli race tires mounted, brembo front master, emission junk removed, just need to source some race body work otherwise we are running stock this next weekend...

Looking forward to having some fun!! little speed difference compared to my 08 CBR1000 race motorcycle :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
That's awesome! Can't wait to hear more about the build!

Welcome aboard! :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hello all from Colorado!!

Getting the little 250 ready to race in the next round of the Colorado MRA organization, I will be the only Honda in a field of Ninja 250's.... It is a new spec 250 class that we are racing this year so I am excited to see how she does!!

Will post up a build thread, so far I have rear sets installed, two brothers exhaust is on its way, Pirelli race tires mounted, brembo front master, emission junk removed, just need to source some race body work otherwise we are running stock this next weekend...

Looking forward to having some fun!! little speed difference compared to my 08 CBR1000 race motorcycle :)
Freddie - are you allowed less wet weight than the Ninja 250Rs, given that the CBR250R is a single cylinder vs. the twin of the Ninja 250R?

Mike

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome freddiewest! Cab't wait to hear what you can tweak of of the 1/4 l. CBR. I bet you beat them inn the corners but come up short on the straights. I hope it's a twisty track. :D

If you ever get a chance to run the stock rubber on the track I'd be interested to hear your impressions. Reports from Canada rated them very highly. I'm not sure if we got the same brand as they did, but I'll try and find out.

Looking forward to your updates!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freddie - are you allowed less wet weight than the Ninja 250Rs, given that the CBR250R is a single cylinder vs. the twin of the Ninja 250R?

Mike
Mike,

When they wrote the rules for the class they included the CBR250R, so I am very lucky, I hope to use the low end and fuel injection to my advantage... also as you said keep the bike as light as possible.... getting ready to remove the pair valve system now or I guess we should say the single valve system for emission purposes...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome freddiewest! Cab't wait to hear what you can tweak of of the 1/4 l. CBR. I bet you beat them inn the corners but come up short on the straights. I hope it's a twisty track. :D

If you ever get a chance to run the stock rubber on the track I'd be interested to hear your impressions. Reports from Canada rated them very highly. I'm not sure if we got the same brand as they did, but I'll try and find out.

Looking forward to your updates!

Unfortunately I am taking the stock rubber off and going with Pirelli's, they seem to work great on the 3 tracks we have out here for the 250's....I run Dunlop's on my other race bikes but they have not as of yet released a tire stateside.... although we did do some testing last round for them...

·
Registered
129 Posts
first, congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! :)

second, congrats on the participation on the race track and hope you can win the race. can't wait on the report.
just for information, here in Indonesia there's one contestant use cbr250R against others Ninja 250 on annual racing competitions. And with minor change (racing fairing (no headlamps), exhaust change and piggy back) manage to finish in 6th place.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts