Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
For what it's worth, after my first valve service that infamous little rattle has decreased dramatically. I still feel that all the plastic components on this bike (and their assembly / design) contribute some buzzing & rattling. I've accepted that its a bit of a buzzy little machine, but not terribly so, and it's still a blast and a half to ride.

I also find that temperature & humidity conditions can affect these noises pretty significantly. Different noises at different revs depending on weather. Hoping the 500r will offer some less obvious grumbles and be more of a smooth talker. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
501 Posts
after riding the bike today ... she's rattle free... but im still going to try neutralize the sensor with silicone to plug it back in so the engine light clears off
I wiped some silicone on the rear brake pivot circlip/washer interface, but that did not solve my rattle. Next time I have the front end apart, I may try playing with the bank angle sensor. Although I really doubt that is my rattle, I'd be tickled if it were. When I had all the plastic off, I had to remove the bank angle sensor from the fairing, and I suspended it loosely with zip ties from the front fairing support. I had noticed the rattle in the sensor, but when I rode the bike this way, it still sounded like my rattle was coming from the top end of the engine, and still just doesn't sound characteristic of the type of rattle I could get from the senor by shaking it.

Does just removing the sensor allow you to still ride the bike, although with an engine warning light on?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^lol. Wld that involve "all of them"? (Too funny)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I came to this site because I rented a CBR250L with 6,000km on the clock and it made this intermittent clonking sound, coming from the cams or cam area. It didn't really seem engine related, I couldn't replicate it, it just sometimes sounded like metal on metal.
I've had lots of bikes over the years and never heard a sound like that on any bike! I had 650 singles, a KLR250 and an AX-1 with 65,000km which ran fine and didn't burn any oil. Never a sound.
I want to get me the CF250M when it's available here but would love to find out what this silly sound is before I plunk down my hard earned cash.
What does this sensor do? Turn off the engine when the bike is on its side?
At least now I got a lead and can try taking that thing out if my new M starts making this noise.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have to comment on a rattle,

I'm soon to be a owner of the Honda CBR250r.

At the moment i have a Chinese import, that was modeled of the old Honda 125.

It's Such a Vibrator that 90% of all my Fairing has cracked, My Actual Engine mounts have Cracked straight threw. My hole Instrument panel (Speed o, rev counter and fuel reader) Do not work.

I really do understand that yes the Honda should be Silent, bit I've been reading a load, it seems to happen after the first major service. I would think the Mechanic doesn't really give a ball hair to how he takes it apart and reassembles it. So maybe just get your hand on the Service manual and look at everything that needs to be removed and to a check. Im not saying its the Mechanics fault or anything but seriously its a single. The internal counter weight can only do so much.

I am a firm believer that a once over check after getting the bike back from anyone is good.

But at-lest it isn't like driving a earthquake. (As i am at the moment)

Good Luck to the Fellow CBR 250r riders. Find that little bugger and tighten it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same type of noise

The problem was with the tank bolt at the front just under the cover , it became loose and began to rattle. Fixed it by tightening it :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I removed my Bank angle sensor to test this and it is actually a lot better.
once you remove it, put the base in a vice and pull the top off on an angle,
then plug the top part back in and tape it up to protect the inside.
you will get a flashing engine light without the sensor plugged in.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I removed my Bank angle sensor to test this and it is actually a lot better.
once you remove it, put the base in a vice and pull the top off on an angle,
then plug the top part back in and tape it up to protect the inside.
you will get a flashing engine light without the sensor plugged in.
You can just jump the two outer wires with the sensor removed and check engine light will be off. :)

However, I just sit @ 6k cruising and no rattle. ;-)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
when i was switching the OEM windscreen for a double bubble and had major difficulty taking the connecting wiring to the bank angle senor I wiggled the green wire off, i was stressed until i read what that actually does. Will it effect bike during normal riding, like will the bike cut off for any reason or will any engine light warning pop up if i don't reconnect the green wire?

·
Banned
188 Posts
I just spray a bit of WD-40 (with the long plastic nozzle) into and along where all farings meet.

Much less vibey/buzzing/rattley sounds when riding.

All it is is the vibes from the single-cyl engine at certain RPMs causing the fairings to vibe off each other at 5000 times a minute. Those farings are of course like a amplifier.

Taking them all off (all 17,000 pieces of them, or however many there are) and putting some silicon along all the joining parts before putting them all back on will likely lead to a much quieter, less buzzy/grindy/rattley ride.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts