Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just wondering what the RPM is at 100 KPH.

Tossing this bike up with a few others as my first bike.

Thanks

Ausfox.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Approx 6000.

Max Torque is at 6900
Max Power is at 8600

So at 100kph its just loping along at low revs in top gear, its happier at 120kph.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CBR250R is a great choice for a first timer
and it also depends on how hard u pushing the bike.. As for me my bike is new and in am still breakin in.. 6k RPM @ 100kph.. i am sure others will have a view on this..

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you correct for the usual 10% speedo error the revs at 100kph are 6,500. (checked by GPS)

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
If you correct for the usual 10% speedo error the revs at 100kph are 6,500. (checked by GPS)
Agreed. For all bikes outside the USA.

Will sit at an indicated 100kph at exactly 6000rpm. A very sweet spot for it to lightly cruise at.

Indicated 110 feels good but it's entering the powerband so it doesn't sit as well there imo, you feel you want to open it up a bit more.

Whenever I'm 2 up with the missus I cruise very happily at 100kph indicated at 6000rpm. It will still get you up to 140kph indicated pretty quickly if you pull back.

On an empty highway I always pin it and cruise at anything between 145-160 indicated depending on wind resistance. It cruises easily when pinned... stable and secure as anything for hours on end with the throttle pinned.

Great little bike for that. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes it's 10% for my Australian delivered version. So:

88 km/h indicated=> 80 km/h true (gps)
99...................90 true.
110.................100 true.

So now I ride at 88, 99, 110 etc. for respective speed zones...what's the point Mr Honda? :mad:

I considered getting one of those electronic pulse frequency modifiers to compensate, but have found that the odometer and trip meter function is accurate as it is. Tinkering for the speedo may very well screw the odometer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't worry about the gas mileage at higher rpms either. On a long trip recently, I cruised at between 75 and 85 mph and got an estimated 65mpg for the duration of the trip.

My only complaint was the gas gauge. It showed empty when the bike had only expended about 2 gallons of the 3.9 gallon tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts