Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find nice seat that comfortable to replace the current Honda seat?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I would love to find another seat too..i rode a couple hundred miles saturday to go ride the Dragons Tail (US 129) Tn to deals gap,NC...I was on the bike from 11:30am and got back to the driveway around 7:30pm....I was in severe discomfort about approx halfway thru the trip and still a long way from home and alot more riding to to do to get there....

Today I wanted to ride for a couple hours but after only 40 minutes my tailbone was screaming at me again..i drove straight home as fast as I could and parked it....ouch!!!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Anyone know where I can find nice seat that comfortable to replace the current Honda seat?

Thanks
Get a piece of sheepskin rug; aka Butt Pad.

I did, and was glad of it when doing the long hauls to the places I wanted to tour in Europe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try Corbin.com they do one for 260 dollars.

A much cheaper alternative is to use good quality padded cycling underwear,its works really well.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
They are just so tacky looking. Corbin improves the bikes looks.
Each to their own, but to me function comes before form any day.

Having put in some high milage days getting to where I want to explore, I would rate comfort over appearance. A piece of sheepskin can be quickly had for a fraction of the cost of a $260 Corbin, and I am sure it will be more comfortable.

Plenty of tackiness on show with what a lot squidly wannabe bikers have done to their bikes from what I have seen on this forum.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

I did 170 miles the first day I had the CBR250R and a 260 mile day three weeks later with no discomfort from the seat whatsoever. You could easily try wearing some top of the line bicycling shorts under your pants on longer rides until your butt toughens up. Much cheaper than a new seat which will undoubtedly be even more "race inspired" than the stock seat.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My experience with Corbin is that they shape where you sit differently, and use a firmer foam. About 3 hours down the road I wished the foam was even more firm. I have put the stock seat on my vtx1300c, after riding the corbin from so. cal. to Montana, and I would not ride 20 miles with that cushy piece of junk.

I did the same ride on a KLR650, with the corbin seat, much better than stock, and would go for more firm for the longer saddle times.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Master Cheap Modder

I'm the self-procialmed cheap/tightwad modder on this board:

Save yourself about $200-$300 by wearing these:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Maybe I just have a very padded arse?

I don't find this seat uncomfortable at all. Even after riding it all day.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The idea sheepskin sounds very interesting. I couldn't care about looks. I'm sitting on it, not looking at it.:p

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Good quality padded bicycling shorts are an easy, inexpensive solution to butt hurt. I've been using them for years for off road riding. Off road bikes have really firm seat foam, compared to street bikes.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sheepskin sounds interesting. Just guessing if these from ikea cut to the shape for the seats will make a good pad. They have got them in two different textures too.

RENS Sheepskin - IKEA
LUDDE Sheepskin - IKEA

·
Registered
414 Posts
My experience with Corbin is that they shape where you sit differently, and use a firmer foam. About 3 hours down the road I wished the foam was even more firm. I have put the stock seat on my vtx1300c, after riding the corbin from so. cal. to Montana, and I would not ride 20 miles with that cushy piece of junk.

I did the same ride on a KLR650, with the corbin seat, much better than stock, and would go for more firm for the longer saddle times.
nice cruiser. mustangs make perfect cruiser seats

1 - 20 of 22 Posts