Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used CBR250R about 4 months ago ( 3000kilos on the clock ), 2 weeks ago I was driving on a low tank (1 bar ) and when I pulled away from a stop the revs just started dropping and felt like it was not getting fuel, I let the throttle go and gave it some gas again and it started revving up and down, up and down. but as soon as I gained some speed it ran fine. So I went to the closest petrol station and filled her up, and the problem went away.

Toady, I was driving home from work with a low tank again ( 1 Bar, I checked inside the tank, there is actually quite a bit of petrol still in there ) and it happened again but this time it just stalls. But when in neutral I rev it and it revs up fine. It only seems to happen when pulling away in 1st ( yes I tried 2nd gear and it does the same ).

Any idea what the hell is going on?

I've checked the kickstand switch it seems fine, engine only cuts out when its more than half way down.

I've also check the spark plug, its fine .9mm gap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used CBR250R about 4 months ago ( 3000kilos on the clock ), 2 weeks ago I was driving on a low tank (1 bar ) and when I pulled away from a stop the revs just started dropping and felt like it was not getting fuel, I let the throttle go and gave it some gas again and it started revving up and down, up and down. but as soon as I gained some speed it ran fine. So I went to the closest petrol station and filled her up, and the problem went away.

Toady, I was driving home from work with a low tank again ( 1 Bar, I checked inside the tank, there is actually quite a bit of petrol still in there ) and it happened again but this time it just stalls. But when in neutral I rev it and it revs up fine. It only seems to happen when pulling away in 1st ( yes I tried 2nd gear and it does the same ).

Any idea what the hell is going on?

I've checked the kickstand switch it seems fine, engine only cuts out when its more than half way down.

I've also check the spark plug, its fine .9mm gap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever figure this out? Just had the same problem with mine.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
744 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Just had the same problem with mine.
Hey.
To your question: I assume there is a problem with the flow of the fuel that is in line where the pressure created as a result of the height of the fuel level. According to the thread opener, the problem appears when the fuel level drops to half. If this is the situation, in my opinion, the problem should focus on the blockage created in the line carrying fuel to the pump, it is a low pressure area (after the pump it is a high pressure area), the possible reasons:
  • Dirt at the bottom of the tank that blocks the fuel exit to the filter.
  • Dirt in the pipe leading to the filter.
  • The filter it self.
  • And there's the possibility that I'm wrong, and the problem is elsewhere.

In principle (P.S.), when the fuel level gauge reaches one line, it means that there is still almost 1/2 tank, and when the single line starts flashing there is about 5 liters of fuel in the tank. According to the Honda's specifications, when the last line flashing in the fuel tank should be remain only 1.4 liters of fuel (approximately). Honda has never admitted that there is such a problem in the fuel sensor level of our model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts