Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it stands the CBR250R is in direct compition with the Kawi Ninja, based on straight facts the ninja is faster than the CBR250 by about 5kph faster.kawi top speed 170ph, CBR top speed 165kph. For bikes both with a 3999.99 start(MSRP) price, they bother have the best value for a starter bike. And this is honda's first 250cc bike.Watch out kawi you'll see this CBR250R right behind you.

HONDA CBR250R Top Speed

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Following that vid the guy put in a juicebox to maximize the fuel and took it up to 171kmph.

I've taken mine up to 153kmph which was close to topping out, but was in a standard riding position. Aling says to hit these speeds you need to be a racing position.

I also notice wind plays a massive role in your speed. On an unusually windless light day it's easy to pull back and see 150kph, other times it lags around the mid 130's if there's a heavy wind. Hitting 140kph should never be a problem, but the wind and your riding position plays a big part after this.

I'm 5'9'' and 75kg btw.

In the comments on the youtube page he says this about the stock bike.

Topspeed in racing position about 160-165km/h,and sitting position about +- 150 km/h

Which I agree with.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With that modifications adding the extra 20kph must be big.

But how much extra strain is there on the motor? Should post a video if riding difference between standard position and then in a racing positions and see the speed differences.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's not bad actually I was expecting the CBR250R top speed to be a bit lower if not right around that figure. I wonder how well it cuts through the wind going at those speeds.

Out of curiosity would anyone here need more speed out of it? If you do, you crazy!

For me, personally the CBR250R performs well enough for my needs. The video really helped.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Wind resistance is a major factor.

It is a very fun bike to ride though. Lately my commute hasn't allowed any type of speed over 110kph. But this morning it all opened up so pulled back in 4th and let it shoot into the high revs, was a fun burst, suddenly up to 125kph in 4th, upto 135kph in 5th, it was time to slow down again so a click into 6th and down to nice cruising speed. Pulling back in 5th will get you to 143kph or so if you keep it pulled back.

Letting it burst up to 88mph in 5th gear is a lot of fun. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like this bike isnt as slow as it seems.

you seem to really enjoy the 4th gear highway roll out launch. how smooth does gear ratio shift when running it hard?

·
Registered
116 Posts
165kph, wow! i thought it "only" did 140kph, :) then there must be plenty of room to hold it about 130kph no matter weather, which is topspeed on our highways

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
you seem to really enjoy the 4th gear highway roll out launch
Yup, that I do. :)

Gear box is silky smooth. From 5th to 6th you'll notice it bog a bit, but as you'll be doing 143+kph in 5th by the redline, it not taking off like a rocket is 6th is probably a good thing.

i thought it "only" did 140kph, :) then there must be plenty of room to hold it about 130kph no matter weather, which is topspeed on our highways
You'll see 140 easily, and 130 in all weather no matter how hard the wind is. Nice weather with light air/no wind and it's not difficult to see 150kph in a normal riding position. I don't do racing positions but have been told that will make the difference between 150+kph and 160+kph.

BTW, the speedo is fairly accurate, at about 2%. The ninja250 is about 8%, and most small bikes like the old CBR150 are about 10%.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yup, that I do. :)

Gear box is silky smooth. From 5th to 6th you'll notice it bog a bit, but as you'll be doing 143+kph in 5th by the redline, it not taking off like a rocket is 6th is probably a good thing.

You'll see 140 easily, and 130 in all weather no matter how hard the wind is. Nice weather with light air/no wind and it's not difficult to see 150kph in a normal riding position. I don't do racing positions but have been told that will make the difference between 150+kph and 160+kph.

BTW, the speedo is fairly accurate, at about 2%. The ninja250 is about 8%, and most small bikes like the old CBR150 are about 10%.
Happy to hear that, im convinced that i must have this bike now:)

My cbr125rw is 6-7kmt wrong, when speedometer rarely reach about 138-139kmt, gpslogger says 131-132kmt, and it dont go over 28km/liter

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Fuel economy is really quite good on the CBR250, normal riding about 31-33 kmpl. Long rides at highspeed (140kph for a few hours) will be about 27-30 kmpl.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A pity that i must wait weeks(?) to see if i win it :) i just talked to a dealer today, that said i could have it within 1½ week if i bought it myself :) When you say "normal riding" is that maybe keeping it at 110kmt?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Yes, about 100-110kph.

I took the wife down to the beach on it and didn't need to go over 6000rpm - 100kph the whole way. It's amazing to have all the power you need under this rpm. It was very comfortable cruising.

On the way back I opened up once on the highway and it shot from 100 - 140kph in no time.

It's great if you've been taking it easy for a while then suddenly open up the throttle and it never fails to amaze as it rockets off to the 140s in no time. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does the bike really pull 0-100kph (~62mph) in sub-7 seconds? Everything I have read says it's over 7 seconds (although those were for 0-60mph). Do we have any official numbers yet?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Interesting developments from Thailand btw.

Looks like in the near future you'll be able to take your CBR250R into selected dealers, and have different fuel maps loaded onto the PGM-FI (ProGramMable-Fuel Injection) for a few hundred baht (US$1 = 30thb).

Got a nice new pipe, pull in and get a new fuel map loaded to help maximise it's potential. :)

The guy who did that 165kmph vid changed something with the FI and went up to 171kph.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts