Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ride within your limits.especially new riders entering the world of motorcycles
All motor vehicles are fun but deadly. pilot with respect

and yes i was wearing shorts but i ALWAYS wear helmet & gloves NO EXCEPTIONS...& shoes.

·
1,305 Posts
jeez man, you do ever take a step back to watch your own video's and think "WTF am i doing?"

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hurry up and build a Turbo Hayabusa.. and dont forget the camera :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Errrr Sniper....There is only a limited number of times you can ride like that before you will do an extended stint in a wheelchair or a gig at the local cemetery plot. :eek:

·
Registered
235 Posts
In defense of that rider he was really just bobbing and weaving pretty smoothly hitting those longer diagonal slots that are open allowing you to slice through traffic at a much higher speed than general traffic is going.

I'm betting that he had been observing the cars at the entrances of those slots, the ones where he has to get close to their ass ends before changing in to the open lane, for clues as to their "stability" before he gets that close.

He doesn't rely solely on his mirrors, turning his head every time before changing lanes.

He doesn't split lanes on the highway, only at the end when he goes past the semi to the head of the line at the stop light.

That said, trying to do what he did without the skills would be suicidal.

Would I want my kid to be able to ride like that? You bet!

Would I want him or her to do it all of the time? Of course not.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ride within your limits.especially new riders entering the world of motorcycles
All motor vehicles are fun but deadly. pilot with respect
Street Sniper, how's your speedo error? My bike is dead on for speed and I saw on your other video, the cars speedo read close to yours. How close do you think yours reads to actual?

That is some screwed up traffic around there. I think I would rather be moving, than camping in any of that. I usually find myself waiting behind slow ass in the fast lane, even though I'm on a 250!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In defense of that rider he was really just bobbing and weaving pretty smoothly hitting those longer diagonal slots that are open allowing you to slice through traffic at a much higher speed than general traffic is going.

I'm betting that he had been observing the cars at the entrances of those slots, the ones where he has to get close to their ass ends before changing in to the open lane, for clues as to their "stability" before he gets that close.

He doesn't rely solely on his mirrors, turning his head every time before changing lanes.

He doesn't split lanes on the highway, only at the end when he goes past the semi to the head of the line at the stop light.

That said, trying to do what he did without the skills would be suicidal.

Would I want my kid to be able to ride like that? You bet!

Would I want him or her to do it all of the time? Of course
.....& he only splits the semi at the end because you dont want to be the last vehicle in line at a freeway exit when your are on a motorcycle.:confused:

Thanks kflaig

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Street Sniper, how's your speedo error? My bike is dead on for speed and I saw on your other video, the cars speedo read close to yours. How close do you think yours reads to actual?

That is some screwed up traffic around there. I think I would rather be moving, than camping in any of that. I usually find myself waiting behind slow ass in the fast lane, even though I'm on a 250!
you are right about traffic, you dont want to camp out in that !
people do everything in their car except focus on driving.
(cell phones,makeup,eating,texting,reading books,etc.etc.etc....)

as far ar the speedo goes...i was not aware of the error but i do remember watching that clip for the first time & thinking my speedo was reading less at that moment. maybe 92 93 on the bike to 95 on the car speedo.

....wait i wear shorts not speedo's :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts