Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

CBR250R Traffic Test

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Street Sniper 
#1 ·
#17 ·
Ride within your limits.especially new riders entering the world of motorcycles
All motor vehicles are fun but deadly. pilot with respect
Street Sniper, how's your speedo error? My bike is dead on for speed and I saw on your other video, the cars speedo read close to yours. How close do you think yours reads to actual?

That is some screwed up traffic around there. I think I would rather be moving, than camping in any of that. I usually find myself waiting behind slow ass in the fast lane, even though I'm on a 250!

#15 · (Edited)
In defense of that rider he was really just bobbing and weaving pretty smoothly hitting those longer diagonal slots that are open allowing you to slice through traffic at a much higher speed than general traffic is going.

I'm betting that he had been observing the cars at the entrances of those slots, the ones where he has to get close to their ass ends before changing in to the open lane, for clues as to their "stability" before he gets that close.

He doesn't rely solely on his mirrors, turning his head every time before changing lanes.

He doesn't split lanes on the highway, only at the end when he goes past the semi to the head of the line at the stop light.

That said, trying to do what he did without the skills would be suicidal.

Would I want my kid to be able to ride like that? You bet!

Would I want him or her to do it all of the time? Of course not.

#19 ·
In defense of that rider he was really just bobbing and weaving pretty smoothly hitting those longer diagonal slots that are open allowing you to slice through traffic at a much higher speed than general traffic is going.

I'm betting that he had been observing the cars at the entrances of those slots, the ones where he has to get close to their ass ends before changing in to the open lane, for clues as to their "stability" before he gets that close.

He doesn't rely solely on his mirrors, turning his head every time before changing lanes.

He doesn't split lanes on the highway, only at the end when he goes past the semi to the head of the line at the stop light.

That said, trying to do what he did without the skills would be suicidal.

Would I want my kid to be able to ride like that? You bet!

Would I want him or her to do it all of the time? Of course
.....& he only splits the semi at the end because you dont want to be the last vehicle in line at a freeway exit when your are on a motorcycle.:confused:

Thanks kflaig

#21 ·
Not to single out Street Sniper since I see many, many, many other riders do the same thing everyday on any fast-paced roadway here in California but every rider is solely responsible for mitigating their own risks while on the road. So if any rider should cause a wreck and cause harm to himself/herself or an innocent bystander because of their lack of "risk mitigation" (in this case, reckless riding and wearing incomplete proper protective attire) it is their own fault because they brought it to themselves. That being said, this style of riding here in the United States is considered "unsafe riding" and portrays a very negative image for the rest of us bikers here (especially to us crotch-rocketeers) from the general public whom primarily consists of cagers. Ride safe.

#22 ·
excellent point motorpsycho. & i agree with you 100% ... but i do ride everyday, all day & every time i ride "normal" is suicide. motorcycles are invisible in traffic & if they are seen people dont care..if i learn anything about riding is that you never stop learning , always stay focused & adapt to every thing.
in this video the posted speed limit is 65 mph...did you notice the cars !
90% were going 80
if we do the speed limit is only a matter of time before someone texting or whatever takes us out.
always ride within your limits , if you are not ready for the freeway, dont get on ! the front suspension on the bike is not that great for the highway & so are the brakes. (preload adj,steel lines & shorty controls would be nice)

as for my personal driving, i rather be judge by 12 than carried by 6...
is a good thing most law enforcement i my area know what a squid is or have better thing to do like arrest criminals & not mess with people having fun on their motorcycles & enjoy the freedom that our soldiers fight & die for everyday.
Dont forget is the UNITED states.

ps. no pedestrians are allowed on the highways in my area so the only one in danger is me :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.