Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Gotta love ya night racing on the road sniper haha.

But yes, I met a young fella the other day that had read on the internet that a Ninja cheap Thai commuter bike was quicker than a Honda cheap Thai commuter bike... so 'lets line em up I say, You dump the clutch whenever ya ready'

Let him take half a bike length then off.... by the time I was in 3rd going for 4th was sailing past him, pulled 3-4 bike lenghths by the time we slowed down at 150.

Top speed they might wind out 1mph more, but that means nothing if it takes 2km to get there.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
You must have been a better rider than him. I've owned a Ninja 250R and it's quite a bit quicker than the Honda, but you have to wring it's neck for it to be so. The power band kicks in at around 8k and it pulls pretty well up to it's 14k redline, but it's like a 125 at anything below 6k really, making it a bit of a PITA in real road riding circumstances. The Honda is much nicer to ride, with a nice broad spread of power.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
As long as you dont go too far for the gearchange (ie 9500 approx) the cbr isnt too sluggish for 23hp, 1 or 2 teeth more on the rear sprocket is going to make it just right.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I don't know the power of the US carbed version, but the UK FI Ninja 250 is 32.5 BHP. I thought the CBR was 26 BHP?
We have about 23 hp. 23,9 or something with a slipon, but a teeny bit more torque and tractable power than the green thing... (not that any of it matters.. best rider will always pull a gap.) both would not pull a ****** of ya sister.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Rear Wheel Horse Power (RWHP) is what is important. Which isn't the figure the manufactures state.

CBR about 23.
Ninja about 26-27.

ninja looses more HP on it's way to the rear wheel than the CBR. but still has more power, although it's higher up the RPM range. CBR has more upto around 9000rpm, after that the Ninja has more power. CBR is also lighter by about 10kg.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pulled in to the local bike night to look for another cbr250r in a sea of 1000's. all i found was this kid on his buddy's kawasaki 250 (he said his gsxr750 got stolen) someone said i should leave to the other bike spot with the "slower" bikes first. it was me , the kid , a 600rr , 1000rr , gsxr750 , and another 500cc suzuki something. cbr250 in the lead the whole way , followed by the 600rr and the 1000rr (we lost the kid and the other bikes)
the video was after we left the second spot , don't think he was trying at first but we did roll on 6th and i personally think the cbr had it.
at the end when i sip past him (plane lands) , there was a state trooper on the side of the freeway waiting for motorcycles to fly by due to bike night , but i got the pass ...because im ONLY DOING 75 !!!(can afford my own caps thank you very much).
you can see the trooper on the vid for a split second at the end.

this was not a real race , more like fun driving :)

btw-love the look in Xspurts faces when you tell them that you can wheelie a cbr250 when they tell you their 600 or 1000 "won't come up like that" , and then watch their heads explode when you do it. on a 250 !!:eek:

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Ninja 250 has carbs and the clutch has a heavier feel and powerband not as practical for city streets. Its was never a consideration when I shopped for a 250 bike.

Plus the single cylinder bike has a ton of character.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ive checked it .
The ninja costs 48000ils compares to 12630$ service every 3000km
cbr costs 38000ils + 3000ils abs compares to 10000$+ 790$ abs version
service is every 6000 km.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The Kawasaki has a Fisher Price Dashboard.

I think its something to do with the target market.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I prefer the Honda. On the road, it's nicer to ride, because the engine's more flexible. I didn't like the "Fisher Price" clocks much, either. :D The Ninja is going to be quicker round a circuit, though. I'd say if you wanted to race, get the Ninja, if you want a bike for everyday use on the road, the Honda is the one for you.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
The Ninja looks better IMO
No it doesnt. look at it closer and see that the lines on body work are uneven along with uneven rivets. Combined with the lack of EFI and abs avaialability it is a lesser deal and machine considering Kawa raised their prices. IMHO

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
^ I think you'll find taste is personally subjective.

And Kawa didn't 'raise their prices', that again is region specific, in some regions they have lowered their prices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts