Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I won my black 2011 CBR250R at the DFW Ride for Kids this last October! I had actually been looking into Honda's new offering before this one dropped into my lap.

You too could win a Honda at one of the 40 Ride for Kids events across the USA annually, and help kids and their family's fight the good fight against brain tumors!

Here I am loading her up (already picked up a Canyon Dancer Bar Harness in case this ever happens again) for the ride home. Am I the oldest CBR250R owner on the planet? ~Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
congrats onthe win and NO, you're not the oldest;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrates,45 here:)
is that a C 10 your load your bike into?
The p/u is a Ford F250 with an 8 foot bed, LB. It really made my day when the CBR fit in the bed with the tool box AND the tailgate still went up and latched with at least a quarter inch to spare, but I am pretty easily amused! :) ~Jeff

·
Registered
576 Posts
thats great it fits like that.
i'm in Chasn SC and have had mine in my ranger driving
down to Tampa FL area a few times now and i forgot it was in the back
occasionally because it is so light.
unfortunately it wont fit in the bed with out the tailgate down.

congrats again:)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Lucky you, welcome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very cool way to win that bike, great cause. Congratulations.

As to the oldest, dunno. I'm 57. Does that put me in the running?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats. My name is in the hat for next years. Paid my $5 at the International Bike Show in Dallas last weekend. Next Ride in Dallas is in Oct I think. Wouldn't mind a second 250r in the garage. TX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, on to a second page! Thanks to you all for the warm welcome!!!

TX, we may well have rubbed shoulders at our little 10x10 booth at last weekend's show. I wish you all the best on winning the drawing May 7th. I am guessing you put in for the CBR over the Ruccus? Or, maybe both?

The rest of you can wait til the IMS is in your hood, or go online to buy your tickets for either or both the customized CBR250R or the Ruccus.

And, yes, TX, The tenth annual DFW Ride for Kids is Sunday, October 7th. It would be cool if we could get a group of CBR riders together to ride in together. Is there a MetroMess group getting together generally yet?

There are all kinds of ways to be recognized for our fundraising efforts for the kids. One is "Top Club". Wouldn't that be cool! Top club each year leads the ride the following year - right behind the kids/"Stars".

I am sorry to say I have you out "experienced", Rio, and Badger, you have got to be some wiser than me.

Don't confuse the "drawing bikes" mentioned above with the bikes given away at each of the 40 rides throughout the country each year. I won this beauty at the DFW Ride for Kids. It really is about helping the kids, but it really is nice when we are rewarded for doing good thangs for others, and it is good to know Honda as a corporation gets that!

Thanks again for the warm welcome, folks! ~Jeff

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nah, I'm just a dumb arse boonie boy, according to Michael, and redline our:D resident :D Einsteins :D.

Heck, Pop is 90 and he has an older sister that hits 101 if she makes it to Jan 20. Another sister turned 99 on Haloween. BOOOOOOOO LOL.

Badger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here is the real deal custom CBR250R by Gregg's Customs premiered at the Long Beach IMS yesterday...
One of a kind for sure! Someone will win her come May 7th! And, even if you don't win, your money could not have gone to a better cause, imo - fighting brain tumors in kids!
Go here to get in on the fun! ~Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts