Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys,

Soon I'll get my cbr250r and already thought to change a few things, one of them is the mirror.
Could be fitted with CBR1000RR's mirror or GSXR 750's mirror?

I'm don't know too much of Photoshop, but I did a simple modification and I'd like to know if this modification can be done and if somebody already done or thought.

GXSR750
Imageshack - cbrretrovisorgsxr750.jpg

CBR1000RR
Imageshack - cbrretrovisorcbr1000rr.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think the mounting holes are more wide on the gsxr than the honda but maybe the 1K. let me know if you find something

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I liked more of the 1k's mirror, it combine better.
One think that I've been thinking is the height of this mirror, I think the hand can be disrupt the viewing.
Am I right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't you have a GSXR? If so, that would be a good "experiment" for you to try out and let us know :D
lol
Very interesting... I thought the same
I'm a Brazilian, and here those kind of modification is much expensive.
A pair of mirror of 1k: R$450,00 without shipping.

So I thought that anyone that is not Brazilian could try this.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You could always take off your mirrors, measure the distance between the centre of the bolt holes, and then ask at a nearby bike dealer what the bolt distance is on the mirrors you're looking at.

I will however agree with bayle, the lower position of custom mirrors *will* affect how much you can see. My custom led mirrors are ridiculously low, I'm currently using a workaround but even then they are still super low - gotta remember our bikes are small and thin - mirrors need to have long stems otherwise you will be looking at your elbows during your rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could always take off your mirrors, measure the distance between the centre of the bolt holes, and then ask at a nearby bike dealer what the bolt distance is on the mirrors you're looking at.

I will however agree with bayle, the lower position of custom mirrors *will* affect how much you can see. My custom led mirrors are ridiculously low, I'm currently using a workaround but even then they are still super low - gotta remember our bikes are small and thin - mirrors need to have long stems otherwise you will be looking at your elbows during your rides.
I agree with Jubis, I think this bike have a riding position more elevated than the 1k and for this reason needs to have long stems. But only thinking about the visual, it's a awesome combination. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should try making a photo with Ducati Panigale 1199 mirrors. Insert the 1199 mirrors on both sides. They seam wide and long enough to fit. I wish there was some cheaper version of these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts