Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Braided line would be easier cheaper and more effective.

·
Registered
999 Posts
A bit over kill for the speeds the 250 sustains but it does have 'cool factor' written all over it.
Nicely done.
I'd be worried about too much initial bite in a panic situation but that's just me.

Umm how is braided line alone going to be as effective as a four piston caliper? Oh wait its not
A steel braided line won't swell. Braking power stays consistent. Less fade. Less sponge. More linear.
It would be a good thing to do with the Brembo calipers as well the stock calipers and it's on my "To do" list for next spring.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Umm how is braided line alone going to be as effective as a four piston caliper? Oh wait its not

And nice install btw op
Feel..... all the power in the world is no good without feedback and feel.

Its the only criticism of the cbr's brakes.

Spongy lines give spongy feel.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yes, and brembo hs a function factor written all over it.

Nice job, was an adapter required at the caliper mount?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
*No offence intended to the OP.. nice part, nice job, and no doubt a new line is in the pipeline :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
+1

A steel braided line won't swell. Braking power stays consistent. Less fade. Less sponge. More linear.
It would be a good thing to do with the Brembo calipers as well the stock calipers and it's on my "To do" list for next spring.
Something I have done to every bike I have owned that had hydraulic disc brakes. Always an improvement for not too much money, especially if you make your own. Spiegler make a stock replacement for $60 (front).
Spiegler Performance Parts -

·
Registered
999 Posts
opooru, any chance of getting a ride report?
I'm curious as to whether that beautiful Brembo meshes well with the bike or not.
Since I haven't seen more posts from ya I'm assuming it's working good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A set of braided lines are on my winter to do list. I am very curious about a ride report with the new calipers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts