Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think you meant higher not slower :)
As lewi just posted:

he signalled when he was doing 60 on his speedo ... When i caught up and held a constant speed behind him it was around 66ish kph

So yes, reading higher than the speed you actually doing. If it were the other way around there'd be a million cases of manufacturers getting sued because a driver was "speeding" a few kph over the limit but they had no idea because their speedo was showing 60 (reading under). Also, as lewi has also pointed out, the 10% speedo error seems about right.

What I want to do is get a popo to radar me. I'll sit at 60 on the bike (which should be about 51 kph for my 13/38 gearing) and see what he says lol.

Still need to do more phone-taped-to-fuel-tank gps tests.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is dead on accurate, as checked with my GPS. It is the most accurate of the motorcycles I own. It is a U. S. bike. Most are 5mph overly optomistic around 65mph.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have been curious about my speedo accuracy for a while now. Just got back from a test ride with GPS, and it was dead on until 80mph, when my GPS read 79mph...I can live with that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've got a 2013 Edition. With Metric reading in Km/h and I'm getting if going 100 on the Speedo GPS is showing 97 Km/h. So to be honest not Bad I say. After hearing people being out by 10% i call myself Lucky.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts