Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks! There are a couple of us trying to start a racing league in N Florida and the southeast with CCS. We have the attention of CCS, and they are looking at the interest based upon postings at various websites. I am a 250R racer, and would like to see if the CBR250R folks would like to participate. We would be glad to have you! Here's some info so please check it out, and let CCS know if you're interested. Thanks!

"wanted to give the 250r community heads up that there is a movement to bring a 250r racing class to the CCS Florida region. There are a few riders who have already purchased 250r's and are doing track day / race day testing in hopes of running the class in 2012 forward."

Ninja EX250 CCS Florida Region 2011 - 2012 Ultralight Thunderbike

Come join the fun!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I could have sworn CCS already ran a 250 class last year in one region called UL Thunderbike?! Guess my memory is getting questionable... d-oh!

I have a 250R, and will be returning to racing with CCS in 2012 but I don't see LRRS/CCS picking up the UL Thunderbike class when we've already got Production Twins as the cheap and small go to class in place unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda CBR250 / Kawasaki Ninja EX250 racing in Florida

Hi there,

Yes CCS introduced an Ultra Light Thunder bike class in NJ this year. The spec style 250 classes have been taking off all around the country with different clubs but have not made it to Florida until now, hopefully.

There are several riders interested. All we will need is a large enough grid in order to run the class. It appears that we are close.

Kurlon,

Where are you located? Although there are other light weight classes, I can not think of any that come close to providing the bang for the buck that a spec 250 class would offer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm in Maine, racing in NH, where the go to cheap bike is the EX500. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least 3 of them for less than $1000 ready to go in LRRS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts