Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all who recommended the Sport Demon as a replacement tire. My front stocker picked up a sheet metal screw and I heard that awful hissing sound after pulling it out. Only 1600 miles on it :-(
I plugged the hole with a stop n go mushroom and it's holding air just fine but I'm not going bet my life on it. Ordered up the Sport Demon from my dealer after reading about it here.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Cool, I'm going to change to these once I've worn my stock. Got 16,000km on them and would guess they have another 5,000 or so km left in them. Just going to come out ot the 'wet' season here in Thailand so it isn't going to rain for the next 8 months!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soon as you put some miles on them. Post what you think about them pros and cons.
What did you end up paying for the set?
I'm too cheap to toss the practically new rear tire so I'm replacing only the front. In ordering them I went for convenience over price. My dealer is willing to accommodate my schedule and have me ride in, get the tire changed then I'm off to work... So I didn't ask what the price of the tire would be (they're trustworthy in that regard)...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm taking front and back in today for a pair of these bad boys; I cant wait :p I'll update once they're installed and after testing them out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The Sport Demons are good tires.
Grip is good. They work well in the rain. I got 6300 miles on mine and they're ready to be replaced.
Now that the weather is better I'll be ordering a set of Rosso IIs when my tax return comes in but I'll probably switch back to the Demons for winter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
999 Posts
Right now motorcycle Superstore is asking $102 for the front and $124 for the rear. Not including handling fee ($5 a tire I believe) and taxes.
Usually orders over $200 ship free in the US.

·
Registered
209 Posts
how much are these tires? I'm looking to replace mine soon and I want to know what I'm looking at dropping.
front and back were 100 and 120 thru local shop, plus $20 a tire for installation (I think cyclegear has the same installation rates). tax was about 15 more, so looking at about 280 OTD.

From what I've heard they seem to be the best bang for your buck. I'll be knowing first hand in a couple of hours..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cool, I'm going to change to these once I've worn my stock. Got 16,000km on them and would guess they have another 5,000 or so km left in them. Just going to come out ot the 'wet' season here in Thailand so it isn't going to rain for the next 8 months!
what on earth? I met a guy at the ASC today who also ran 16-17k on his tyres. My rear tyre wore out at 10k kms and the front is gonna last another 1k or 2 before i need to get it changed..
You guys must have a lot of patience. I wish i could change my riding style but i just can't seem to slow down ever. :p

·
Registered
999 Posts
Before the 250 I've never had a bike that didn't need new tires after 4500 miles (best case scenario).
I'm loving how gentle on tires the wee bee is. To me, 6k miles is a very long time one set of tires.
I suspect folks getting over 10K are running them down to the cords.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I changed the IRC's out for these SD's and milage was 6900 miles. The sides of the IRC's were fine, but the top was smooth and flattened. I'm hoping for the somewhere around the same for these ones. I cant imagine getting 16000km out of a pair of tires like Redline...

Also, did my first true run today with the sport demons, and I'm lovin them! They have given me a huge boost of confidence in corners

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just so everybody knows, I went to my local Cycle Nation store and ordered a set of these tires, but they wanted to charge me 198.00 for the back tire and 165 for the front. I'm really glad that I asked earlier in this thread how much they are, because I wouldn't have protested if I hadn't. But I told him that was WAAAYYYY too high and made him double check. He continued to say that it was the correct price and I told him exactly how much they are on motorcyclesuperstore and told him to triple check. He ended up calling the catalog that he was ordering them from and then realized that I had the correct pricing. They don't keep these tires in stock and he was having to use one of their catalogs that they don't normally use and he said that he had been getting high pricing all day (I wonder how many other people he screwed over!?). Be sure to research your pricing! I'm really happy that I did.
The worst part of it was in the end he started taking credit for "catching the over-priced tires"....when I was the one having to tell him three times he was wrong, or I was going somewhere else.
But I'm just happy they will be here soon and I'll be rocking some new tires.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
999 Posts
Cool. You won't regret it.
And I'm glad we could help you get a better price than the one you almost got :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
DITTO, that's absurd. Way to challenge him

·
Registered
209 Posts
just one more thing I wanted to add, because I would not have survived the ordeal with the old IRC's

I left to visit my aunt about 20 min away and it was lightly raining on the way over. I wasn't worried the slightest because of my new set of Sport Demons, which handled it like a charm. On the way back, however, The 20min ride turned into a 30min ride, which felt like a 40min ride. A thunderstorm which was expected later in the night hit me right as I was heading back. It was absolutely pouring, with mist covering the highway and a thin film of water building up over the roadway. Even though all I could see were the lane reflectors lit up by my highbeams, I wasn't worried the slightest. The tires oozed stability and traction through corners, braking and shifting. Once I hit this grade I had to climb and decend, I started to get scared; not from losing traction, but from not being able to see sh!t. The rain was now a downpour and I was in a full tuck, going 60mph down a steep grade with lightning going off in the background (no joke).

The only thing I had to do, though, was keep my head, because I knew that my Pirelli Sport Demons would handle the rest :D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have ridden the stock IRC's in light moderate rain as well as 1 or 2 torrential downpours..and on these east Tennessee twisty back roads the IRC's oozed confidence the whole time..I have no doubt the sport demon is a good tire...(I believe I will try a set when I am ready for new ones) I also have no doubt you would have been just as fine on the stock IRC's on your trip home. I bought a Duro back tire because it was cheaper than IRC and had a cool tread pattern..that mother is slick as an owl's ass on dry pavement..so I am even more impressed with the IRC that used to be back there..but the sport demon is just a little more $ per tire than IRC and has gotten all good reviews..and I am sure the sport demons are just as good but probably even better quality than the IRC...the main reasons why I will put them on my bike when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts