1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help,
sendler/redline/any senior members

can i change the stock horn? To roots/hella
And if i can would the same connector to stock horn be enough?
Or any other method involved?

I am asking this because i heard a guy who put roots got his bike ignition not
working and had to tow it all the way to service station.

Please tell if you are not using the stock wires of the bike and taking new line from battery or something

here available ones are
12v 3.5amp of hella or roots
would it work with my bike?
Please also state the rating of stock horn

·
745 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree that this horn is superb.
But cops here hate horns these loud.

Maximum allowed limit is around 110db,that too at highways

then i am looking something from

Root Industries Limited - Products - WINDTONE

Due to budget issues and all.
No wiring kits are provided.
Will these 12v-4/5amp horns work in stock horn connection wires?
Will it blow the fuse
Or do i need any other setup?
Please explain

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/2480-new-air-horn.html

I swear, I spend half my time on here typing into the search thread at the top of the page and posting links ;P

the single tone horn i installed didnt need a relay, i just used the stock wires..if you get a powerful amp horn or a dual tone hi-low horn.youll need a relay and wiring harness because you stock wires wont provide the juice it needs and u can fry that circuit.. ..most dual tone or high amp draw horns tell you (wiring harness sold seperately) so read the fine print..and search for customer reviews

On older hondas and other motorcycles..they tied the horn circuit thru the headlight and ignition circuit (headlight went off when u cranked bike) overloading the horn or headlight would affect all 3....they dont tie them all together like that anymore as far as i know..not on this bike anyway

·
Registered
532 Posts
While putting on my frame sliders today I took at look at the horn -- Is replacing it (with a drop-in/no relay & harness) as simple as unbolting the leads and the 1 bolt holding on the OEM horn? If so, I'm tempted to go get one like spdklls tomorrow before putting the fairings back on.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
While putting on my frame sliders today I took at look at the horn -- Is replacing it (with a drop-in/no relay & harness) as simple as unbolting the leads and the 1 bolt holding on the OEM horn? If so, I'm tempted to go get one like spdklls tomorrow before putting the fairings back on.
yeah... but leads dont unbolt..just pull off.. then loosen 1 small bolt...take off old horn...my new horn came with a couple different size brackets..i didnt need any of em...just used old one..also it said the the new horn wasnt polarity specific..so it didnt even matter which lead off the old horn wires was attached to on the terminals of the new horn..put fairing back on (3 minutes) enjoy your new car sounding horn

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no matter what,these guys are not putting dual tone horns in cbr250r.
I bought a relay worth 20dollarz and they(hmsi service at my place) say,it can be done,but it damages the switch within some time and all.

Is that true,and happened to anyone?
Or is he right..that mine is an indian cbr-mc42 and electricals are also low quality?
I am mad now.
Living with the high tone horn of thd low-high tone kit.
Aahrgg...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
no matter what,these guys are not putting dual tone horns in cbr250r.
I bought a relay worth 20dollarz and they(hmsi service at my place) say,it can be done,but it damages the switch within some time and all.

Is that true,and happened to anyone?
Or is he right..that mine is an indian cbr-mc42 and electricals are also low quality?
I am mad now.
Living with the high tone horn of thd low-high tone kit.
Aahrgg...
I only have the low tone..and it doesnt pull a buttload of amps so mine will work the life of the bike without harming wiring or switch....if i had put a dual high/low..i would have needed a relay and wiring harness..didnt want to do that cuz it may or may not affect the switch or wiring eventually...the low tone is enough for me..sounds like a car

·
Registered
323 Posts
I only have the low tone..and it doesnt pull a buttload of amps so mine will work the life of the bike without harming wiring or switch....if i had put a dual high/low..i would have needed a relay and wiring harness..didnt want to do that cuz it may or may not affect the switch or wiring eventually...the low tone is enough for me..sounds like a car
You would not harm the switch or wiring. That is the reason for the relay. Your switch/wires only have to throw the relay and do not power the horns. That power is taken directly from the battery (by the relay) and goes straight to the horns.
I have done it on 3 bikes with Fiamm hi and low Freeway Blasters. The trick is finding a place to put them both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.