Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to post in the other bike stand thread but my question seems to get lost in the thread so I started a new one. Can anyone recommend a cheap front and rear bike stand for this bike with ABS?

I know about the pitbull rear stand for $140 but that is steep when I can get two stands for almost fifty bucks less.

I did hear someone say the ABS can pose a problem for some bike stands, can anyone give some insight on that?

Will this set work? If not , could you direct me to some decent cheap ones? Thanks a million.

Amazon.com: New Motorcycle Bike Stand Front & Rear Swingarm Lift Set: Automotive

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, wait for the stands at cyclegear to go on sale as they regularly do. They are normally like $90/ea and they go on sale for $50/ea and the build quality is surprising.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, wait for the stands at cyclegear to go on sale as they regularly do. They are normally like $90/ea and they go on sale for $50/ea and the build quality is surprising.
Which ones?

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard Harbor freight has some, does anyone have them from Harbor freight?

I hear the ones that attach at the spools are better?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The Harbor Freight Low Profile is what I have for a rear stand.

It worked better on my Ninja 250 because it had spools. I got the paddle adapters and flipped them around so the CBR's wheel is off the ground, however it doens't work that great. Good enough, but not great.

See if you can see this one in person:

Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ Thanks, that should work and they have it in stock. Now I will need to find a cheap front stand which shouldn't be too difficult. Any recommendations for a cheap front stand?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I bought a cheap stand and now I am going to have to replace it with something better. It is just too flimsy. Better to pay the ridiculous price for a top notch stand that will actually work than to fight with a cheap one for 20 minutes each time to get it "just right" so the bike doesn't fall off. Look for square tubing coming out to the swing arm with thumb screws to tighten them down when you finally get it adjusted to the just right width where it stays under the swing arm but doesn't dig in to the hub while you are trying to lube the chain. The stand also needs to be welded into one piece for the main section. Stands that knock down for cheaper shipping will start to tip in after just a few uses. The CBR250R would really benefit from a threaded hole on the swing arm for a spool.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That rear stand at harbor freight received good reviews. I tend to go by reviews and I have had good luck by doing so.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My harbor freight worked pretty well.

I got a cheapo front stand off Amazon from some random company and that hasn't worked that great. I probably have to get a new one now.:/

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a cheap stand and now I am going to have to replace it with something better. It is just too flimsy. Better to pay the ridiculous price for a top notch stand that will actually work than to fight with a cheap one for 20 minutes each time to get it "just right" so the bike doesn't fall off. Look for square tubing coming out to the swing arm with thumb screws to tighten them down when you finally get it adjusted to the just right width where it stays under the swing arm but doesn't dig in to the hub while you are trying to lube the chain. The stand also needs to be welded into one piece for the main section. Stands that knock down for cheaper shipping will start to tip in after just a few uses. The CBR250R would really benefit from a threaded hole on the swing arm for a spool.
Check out Harbor Freight....

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I went to Harbor freight today and picked up a rear bike stand. It's made by Haul Master (65620) and supports up to 1,000 lbs and has an adj swing arm support. It's prebuilt and is sturdy. I haven't got a chance to try it yet. It cost me a grand total of $24.99. You can't beat that with a stick! The tag says you can get an adapter to use on the front wheel. I'll do a video review when I get a chance.

Here is the advertised price, I got lucky and got an extra $5 off b/c it's was on sale.

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html

Here someone over at ninja250 forum reviewed the same stand. :
http://forums.ninja250.org/posting.php?mode=topicreview&t=78522&tro=1

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I bought that rear bike stand for $24.99 from HF, it is solid but the swing arm support interferes with the muffler. I had to rest the one side on the muffler in order to get the wheel off, otherwise, the swing arm support sat right next to the Axl bolt head. You can't set it back farther on the swing arm. What a PITA! Any recommendations for a remedy for this. I would take it back but it still works and for $24.99 you can't beat that with a stick. If I ever decide to get an aftermarket muffler that should correct the problem but I don;t really want a LOUD muffler. The sound is perfect on the factory muffler. The muffler is darn BIG!

Here is a pic of the issue:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Both my stands do the same thing. For doing chain lubing you can just catch enough of the swing arm behind the nut. If you wanted to commit that stand just for the CBR, you could get it all adjusted as best and then make a cut out to clear the exhaust at which point that side wouldn't move again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You get what you pay for... usually...

I stretched for the Pitbull rear paddock stand. It has both swingarm, and spool catches, and it's as solid as they come. It'll last through any bike upgrades, downgrades, sidegrades... It won't mar the muffler, and the bike won't fall off it --

I bought the front stand from T-Rex (and I'm completely satisfied with it).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts