41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
986 Posts
So I dont think its really worth having sliders on this particular bike.
Your complete explanation is really convincing. I think like you, and I know from experience that the original design guard the motorcycle in the most reasonable way. The weights at the end of the handlebars are sliders that Honda provides for free (build-in) as a part of all the design. My CBR motorcycle was skidded by the previous owners, and there are slight damage to the paint, on the central main cover, on the front wheel mudguard, and on the heat shield of the exhaust. The rear brake lever is also a little bended, and I bended back into place...small and tolerable defects.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Reactions: Mory

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your complete explanation is really convincing. I think like you, and I know from experience that the original design guard the motorcycle in the most reasonable way. The weights at the end of the handlebars are sliders that Honda provides for free (build-in) as a part of all the design. My CBR motorcycle was skidded by the previous owners, and there are slight damage to the paint, on the central main cover, on the front wheel mudguard, and on the heat shield of the exhaust. The rear brake lever is also a little bended, and I bended back into place...small and tolerable defects.
Yeah the tip of my gear shifter was bent inwards, a mechanic tried bending it back out and broke it but welded it back into place for free!
The bike seems pretty crash friendly tbh. On both my crashes the front fairings were the only ones broken. The big side fairing was just scratched. They aren't cheap to replace but not the end of the world. Ive been looking for some used fairings for awhile with no luck. I think this bike is very rare where I live.

The handle bar ends are VERY strong. So strong that on one of my crashes the screw bent outwards with just some scratches to the bar end. You can buy lightweight bar ends as well. I found they make stability at high speeds a little worse but make it easier to turn the handlebars.

·
Registered
986 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Is 42mm too wide?
Size 42 does not fit. If you order a part that says it fits our model, and it doesn't fit, then you can open a dispute, attach photos with measurements, and get your money back. And, these kinds of changes require the ability to make adjustments...etc
In the comments here (Big Cahuna), the guy from https://www.aliexpress.com bought it and then wrote that the size doesn't fit...making such a custom change D.I.Y requires knowledge, ability, patience, and it takes time.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The reason i'm asking is because I wanted the blue finish on the mid pipe but I haven't found any with that finish for our bike :(
It's a matter of free time, budget, and ability...Do It Yourself is a hobby, you can order when you know there is a degree of uncertainty, and then maybe make adjustments. Customization is a serious matter, there is a lot to know about this subject...learning takes time, and it costs money, mistakes also cost money. it is what it is.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Size 42 does not fit. If you order a part that says it fits our model, and it doesn't fit, then you can open a dispute, attach photos with measurements, and get your money back. And, these kinds of changes require the ability to make adjustments...etc
In the comments here (Big Cahuna), the guy from https://www.aliexpress.com bought it and then wrote that the size doesn't fit...making such a custom change D.I.Y requires knowledge, ability, patience, and it takes time.
That review was mine and it turns out the pipe DID fit, but the clamp it came with was too big and didn't clamp it tight. I fixed the problem by putting a few mm gasket under the clamp and it worked. I could have just bought a smaller clamp but they were almost the price of the pipe and I felt I shouldn't have had to do that. It took almost a month to arrive so I really didn't want to be spending more months shipping parts back and waiting for more to arrive. That's the downside to AliExpress, most everything that doesn't fit into an envelope usually takes about a month to be delivered. It's great for buying things you WILL need in the future, but I use Amazon or Ebay for things I need within days.

·
Registered
986 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the video!

95% of the time Aliexpress is cheaper than Ebay, however I have found better deals on ebay sometimes like for a tail tidy.

Ebay also refunds quicker and a bit more consistently than Aliexpress and items tend to arrive a bit earlier than Ali.

With that being said, I feel a lot of chinese sellers are shifting over to Aliexpress, and sometimes you will find things on there that aren't even on Ebay.
And sometimes price can be significantly better.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Cold start video is uploaded. I'll post another video at higher RPM when I take it and get it warmed up.
Thanks for the video!(y)(y)(y)
Sounds great. The two exhaust pipes in the back transmit much more power, it's like they do in 3-cylinder engines. In the picture:
  1. Turn the clamp so that point A goes up.
  2. Do not ride with zipper B. Make a rigid adapter from metal C.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Tire

Reactions: Big Cahuna

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
View attachment 45908
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going make a bracket by using a strip of steel and drill press holes on the ends. The zip-tie is just so I don't lose it on the highway in case the clamp doesn't hold. It's pretty rigid and I might not need a bracket at all. It's a small unit and very light. I'll flip the clamp next time I'm down there with a wrench. It bothers me too.
The pipe fit fine, the Clamp they sent me was too big so it didn't clamp down tight enough. In fact, it doesn't need a gasket. I just happened to have one that I wrapped around the pipe to make it thicker so the clamp would work. Yours may or may not arrive with the correct clamp. You can always buy another one if it's too big. I think they're around $10 or so if I remember.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts