Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new rider (but my wife is not) and we are, as of yesterday, proud owners of two CBR 250r's. Looking forward to spring -- Riding lessons, gear purchases, and weekend rides with my wife and our friends.:D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Congrats! It sounds like you are planning to take a MSF or similar course in spring - great idea.

I just moved from the Chicago area (Mt. Prospect) about a year ago after living and riding there for more than 20 years.

Be careful.

Jay

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jkv357, I'm from Park Ridge and yes, I'm definately taking a MSF course. My dealer is even going to pick up the fee. I'm an insurance agent and I know a little about the safety issues, so MSF course and appropriate gear from head to toe. Can't wait for the weather to break.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
jkv357, I'm from Park Ridge and yes, I'm definately taking a MSF course. My dealer is even going to pick up the fee. I'm an insurance agent and I know a little about the safety issues, so MSF course and appropriate gear from head to toe. Can't wait for the weather to break.
I'm familiar with Park Ridge - nice area.

It's going to be a long winter for you and your wife!

Jay

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live a little north east of you in Michigan. Thats great your wife likes to ride and you got two new bikes waiting for you this spring

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took my first ride on my new CBR today. First time on a motorcycle, really (only scooters before this). It's like 35 degrees here and cloudy. Stalled the bike 3 times. Was in too high of a gear about 5 times. Never got over 30 mph. Fingers and toes are frozen. What a blast! Can't wait until spring!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dude, what a blessing it must be to cruise with the Mrs. I'm a new rider and mine said maybe next year. We all know how addicting it can be. Maybe we need to form a support group?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Nice light bike for the Mrs. to learn on. Not intimidating at all. Welcome to the club:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ibex! LOL I've already read your blog. It's excellent. Although, the my browser crashes if I try to read it on my iPad. I look forward to reading about your future adventures. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also Chicago

Hi Empty Sea,

Congratulations on your 2 CBR250R's. I am impressed. I am also in Chicago, Logan Square, and I am looking at my stock black CBR250R in my living room as I write this. I have been riding 45 years and love my new bike, just right for my needs now. I have had 100's of bikes, and actually have 10 here in the house right now. I sold my Sportster to buy the CBR and have no regrets. It is a wonderful machine. As you must know there are no close by Honda dealers. I bought mine in Milwaukee. I have the shop manual and plan on doing all my own service as I always do. I am a retired mechanic. If you ever need any advice or assistance do not hesitate to ask.

I wonder how many are in Chicago proper?

I'm a new rider (but my wife is not) and we are, as of yesterday, proud owners of two CBR 250r's. Looking forward to spring -- Riding lessons, gear purchases, and weekend rides with my wife and our friends.:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Empty Sea,

Congratulations on your 2 CBR250R's. I am impressed. I am also in Chicago, Logan Square, and I am looking at my stock black CBR250R in my living room as I write this. I have been riding 45 years and love my new bike, just right for my needs now. I have had 100's of bikes, and actually have 10 here in the house right now. I sold my Sportster to buy the CBR and have no regrets. It is a wonderful machine. As you must know there are no close by Honda dealers. I bought mine in Milwaukee. I have the shop manual and plan on doing all my own service as I always do. I am a retired mechanic. If you ever need any advice or assistance do not hesitate to ask.

I wonder how many are in Chicago proper?

Maybe some of the Chicago riders will chime in and we can set up a ride in the summer or something.

I bought my bike from Des Plaines Honda which is pretty close to my house. They treated me very fairly in my purchase of one scooter and two bikes and, while I haven't had much service done there (just an oil change on the scooter) I find the service department to be very easy to deal with. Also, Mike, the parts guy, rides sport bikes and has been very helpful to me in locating accessories and the like. Overall, I really like dealing with them. I think they will be manning the Honda booth on at the Bike Show in Rosemont. (Feb 11-13th. I think Des Plaines Honda mans the booth on Friday)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts