Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am not new to this forum but new as a member and this is my first post.I am having 2 issues with my bike. I bought a 2012 with 9,9xx miles on it. I have done some work on it as recommended by the thread: Clean and oil chain, change oil, change battery, air filter, tighten/ look for any loose wires/plastics/ other hardware and check/fill all fluids. This is my first bike and I bought it to learn to ride on. When I listened to the bike during the transaction I did not notice this noise, I couldn't test drive it as I have never ridden before and didn't want to fall and damage it. It was out of my hometown and he rode it down for me as the truck I brought it wouldn't fit into the back. I made sure to do one last listen before he took off and we finished and it sounded fine. When I first got it, the battery was very weak and would only start on a trickle charge, so I changed the battery and it starts like a beast, I changed the oil and since I have it has been making the clicking sound, I've made sure it was the correct oil, and filter. made sure I put the filter in right as well. the second issue is when I shift into first gear and slowly let off the clutch it feels like it isn't getting enough power to keep itself going without me applying some throttle. I've watched videos on how to get the bike moving from first gear but even with me walking it doesn't seem to have enough power to go. I will video what I mean when I get home from work but I'm confused as to what it can be. I bought the bike for $2,000 and don't want to dump a whole bunch of money into it as I'm trying to move up and get an r6 soon.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
This is my first bike and I bought it to learn to ride on. When I listened to the bike during the transaction I did not notice this noise, I couldn't test drive it as I have never ridden before and didn't want to fall and damage it.
it has been making the clicking sound
I shift into first gear and slowly let off the clutch it feels like it isn't getting enough power to keep itself going without me applying some throttle...even with me walking it doesn't seem to have enough power to go.
YES
My friend Welcome to motorcycle world and CBR250R family.
You bought a "Sports" motorcycle. Due to the upright sitting position, and cruising speed of 100-110KPH, it is customary to see it also as a "Touring" motorcycle.

On CBR250R get used to working at high rpm. This engine is built for high rpm, its torque in idle, or close to it, tends to zero. Before you start releasing the clutch lever (Please release it VERY slowly and carefully), you will rises the RPM above 2500-3000. Releasing the clutch lever at a RPM lower than this the engine does not drag, shake, "clicking sound", and shut down.

If you have the option to doing your first study rides on an automatic scooter, maybe a 125cc motorcycle with reasonable torque, maybe you will take some riding lessons with a certified instructor? .... I think you will not regret it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts