Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know clip ons lower the stock steering. But I dont want to buy if no improvement to bike.
I cant find that specfic information on ( clip ons & handling) in search.

Will putting on lower clip ons, improve the handling?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Lower/Higher, whatever you choose, theres a long thread on it somewhere.

Woodcraft will do any height from 1.5 lower (lowest fitment with stock fairings) all the way up to even higher than standard.

Personally I'm going with Tyga which is 25mm lower than stock.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always look thru search. I asked a question, not were to be directed were i cant find specific information.

So those who have lowered clip ons, did installing them improve the handling? Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nope, not really an improvement in handling. I think it just helps you get in a more aerodynamic position. I think rear-sets helped because my foot no longer slips and my feet are more under me for maneuvering.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
It will help YOU handle the bike better by getting those hands closer the front axle.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also lighter then stock, so you dont dip into a corner as such

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
but lowering them also displaces your center of gravity shifting it forward..your hands and arms up thru ur shoulders will then support most of your body weight instead of your lower body and spine the way the bike is set up now...just take that into consideration...i think the bike is extremely manuverable and flickable in the corners now..

had a camaro on my tail doin 70 headed towards mountain today...i was doin 70 to try to put distance between us cuz i saw them flying up on my tail..when i got to the sharp switchbacks going up the mountain dropped it to 3rd gear and layed on the throttle....1 corner they tried to stay with me..2 corners i was pullin away..3 corners i was way ahead..by 4 corners they gave up tryin to hang with me completely..i pulled over at the top and sat n waited 3 minutes for them as they drove by..it was 2 chiks?? who woulda thunk it..was sure it was some A-hole prick dude ridin my a$$

·
Registered
221 Posts
but lowering them also displaces your center of gravity shifting it forward..your hands and arms up thru ur shoulders will then support most of your body weight instead of your lower body and spine the way the bike is set up now...just take that into consideration...i think the bike is extremely manuverable and flickable in the corners now..
NO WEIGHT AT ALL should be on the handle bars, increased weight on the bars increases your braking distance as there is more force being applied on the front end. Hold your body weight on the tank by gripping your knees tightly to the tank. Shouldn't matter what clipons are installed, just keep the weight off them period

·
Registered
87 Posts
How are you supposed to know what handle positions are best for someone's body? I mean I find everything stock to be decently comfy until I ride for 1 hour then start to feel some fatique in my hands/wrists.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts