Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's strange how different cultures use their horns. I've been to countries where it's normal to beep your horn quite frequently, just to let other road users know that you're there, but the UK, sadly is like America in this respect (apart from the gun bit). Beeping your horn at someone is like insulting them over here, and is more likely to provoke a hostile reaction than anything else. :confused:
That's actually quite sad. Isn't it a traffic law that honking the horn is to prevent an accident?
Road rage is just one reason why I don't want to live in Europe or the US anymore. Thailand's traffic is chaotic but often they smile at you apologetically when they sail through a red light.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Glad you're ok! not only is it a bad thing for them to pull a u-turn directly in front of you but to laugh about it would infuriate me. You handled, it well, i probably wouldn't have handled it quite so calmly if it was me :p

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
^ Well we all know how that story ends.
It would have been funny if as the redneck passenger pulled the shotgun off the rack, he hit the driver in the back of the head while bringing it around. The truck would have bounded off the other side of the road and we could have had a sequel!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts