Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go into a small bump I hear a dunk noise, metallic, like something is loose, the service centre kept the vehicle with them for the whole day and then returned it saying that all CBR250Rs have it and this is due to play in the brake caliper. Is this right?

·
Registered
220 Posts
"Normal" caliper noise, it isn't.

It sounds like an assembly issue, could really be any loose fastener, from a fork nut or the cone set. My bike was delivered with a loose headlight stay.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have the exact same noise...i haven't been able to determine what it is,,its definitively from the front end somewhere...but its very prominent with every hard bump i hit and does it repeatedly if i go over a series of hard bumps...sounds kinda like a metallic plate thats just laying on top of something that get thrown up an inch or 2 then drops back down..that what i think of everytime i hear it anyway...I just try my best to ignore it...hard to do tho

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While checking for the source of this noise, they identified a fork problem which they set right, the noise continues. Honda India seems to have told all their dealers and service centres that any issues with the CBR250R has to be dealt with immediately and informed to them. I read somewhere that something under the ehadlight cowl rests on the frame and that this might be causing the noise. It is irritating and I hope I am able to set it right ASAP.

·
Registered
501 Posts
While browsing the bike on the sales floor, I noticed if I held the front brake lever and gently rocked the bike back and forth, I wold hear a clunk coming from the front brake caliper or steering stem areas. Both there floor models did it, and neither apeared to have loose head bearings. They conluded it was "normal." Now, to check those mufler bearings...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the exact same noise...i haven't been able to determine what it is,,its definitively from the front end somewhere...but its very prominent with every hard bump i hit and does it repeatedly if i go over a series of hard bumps...sounds kinda like a metallic plate thats just laying on top of something that get thrown up an inch or 2 then drops back down..that what i think of everytime i hear it anyway...I just try my best to ignore it...hard to do tho
ive figured out the problem.. check my new thread..

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a similar problem, but im hearing a "squeak" sound, every time i go over a pothole or bump... =(... i gave the bike in for service explaining the problem, but it was not fixed.... bike has done 2200 kms and i have enjoyed each and every bit of it!! =)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a noisy clunk in the steer. Probably the bearings that came loose after too many bumps while braking.
I will check it in a shop that has the proper tools (since I don't and will be a pity to ruin the bolts with inappropiate stuff)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I had a similar experience. When I hit the big speedbumps at school, it would thump and squeak towards the front of the bike. I just attributed it to the space between the headlight assembly and the frame, that seems to cause many of the "engine rattle" issues for some. I haven't bothered to go in there and fix it. It's usually drowned out by wind noise anyway. As for the brake caliper, I do NOT get any noise from it. It is mounted firmly, and there should be no thumps by tilting the bike. I wonder if your front bearings are bad/loose? The only thing that would make it thump is the rotor physically hitting the pad. Might want to check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts