Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks
I might be one of the select few that has had this problem. And it being my first motorcycle, I didn't know what was going on because it didn't always CLUnk.
I found that the problem wasn't my 'shifting skills' rather that the clutch lever didn't engage early enough due to the excessive amount of play the lever had.

Fixing this is quite simple.

I pulled over the rubber housing off near the top of the clutch lever, adjusted the amount of play on with the screws. Giving the clutch lever movement to be about 3mm before engaging.
This made shifting much smoother and no more 'clunking' sounds were noticed.

(If anyone needs pictures, i'll take a few)

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I got the 600 mile service done, they did the same thing you did, but I never heard a noise................

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you didn't hear a noise when shifting, your clutch was probably fine, or just needed a small tweek.

Mine was almost 3/4 to-> half way on a pull to engage the clutch. (An excessive amount of play)
Just thought I'd mention the correlation between the two in anycase. IT's good to know for those that don't know what's going on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know if this is what you mean or not but sometimes when I'm coasting to a stop with the clutch disengaged itll bounce off of first gear and stay in 2nd. Does this mean it's not disengaging all the way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts