Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a bit of play in the clutch lever, when i squeeze it and let it out I can then push the lever outward about another half of inch. it seems to operate ok so is it normal for it to have that kind of play? Just had its 600 mile service.
I know you can adjust it and thats in the manual but if its normal Im happy to leave it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have quite a bit of play in the clutch lever, when i squeeze it and let it out I can then push the lever outward about another half of inch. it seems to operate ok so is it normal for it to have that kind of play? Just had its 600 mile service.
I know you can adjust it and thats in the manual but if its normal Im happy to leave it.
You want a little bit of free play in the lever but a half inch is a lot. You want your controls to be run on the tighter side to make for proper clutch/throttle modulation during downshifts.

To adjust it at the lever simply turn the bars lock to lock and turn the adjuster screw out. At the tightest point of it's travel you want it to still have just a tiny bit of play (maybe a 1/16"). This will allow you to turn the bars to full lock without it trying to disengage the clutch.

While your doing that take the time to adjust the throttle free play as well. The adjustment is the same keeping a some play on the tight end so it does not pull the throttle cable as to cables as you turn the bars. At no point do you want them to be completely tight.

Always make sure to turn the bars to full lock a few times and snap the controls to make sure nothing is pulling or binding before you ride it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Woodcraft. The locknut and cable adjuster were all the way up against the lever. So as loose as it can get. Tightened it up a few turns and its much better. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i read that in the manual. though after tightening it up yesterday, by the time i got back to the city from my 30 mile commute, it had worked back loose. So something else going on. Maybe the lock but is in the wrong spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts