Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 2011 cbr250r to start learning how to ride. It’s got a little over 26k on the miles. It was running perfectly fine until I laid the bike down on my left side. Now it still starts and idles fine, but when I try to get it into gear the clutch isn’t wanting to engage or fully disengage. The throttle is also extremely sensitive and occasionally sticks for a split second. Do these bikes have wet or dry clutches? I honestly don’t know what the issue could be other than clutch related issues because the engine is fine and the chain doesn’t seem to be off at all.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Bike is not safe to ride like that. The clutch and throttle are operated by cables that need to be properly set up and adjusted. Sounds like you damaged both of them in the drop. I'd get an experienced rider or bike shop to take a look at it. It might just require some straightening and re-adjustment, or some parts might need to be replaced.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
170 Posts
I laid the bike down on my left side.
If you fall on the left side it is possible that it caused a damage to the gear shift mechanism. On the left side there is also the clutch lever, usually the lever is also damaged in that type of falling, and then the clutch cable does not do the job as it should. In my opinion there is no possibility that the clutch pads were damaged.

The levers are built as a predatory point, and usually only the levers are damaged.
In most cases the levers can be fixed by bending them back into place. For the purpose of the bending/alignment operation, it is mandatory to disassemble them from the motorcycle (otherwise it is possible to damage the axles and expensive parts on the motorcycle). The levers are a cheap parts so it is advisable to replace them with new ones as soon as possible.
Do these bikes have wet or dry clutches?
WET CLUTCH

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, clutch-lever may have been bent in way that prevents full-pull of cable. This causes clutch to not fully disengage, making shifting difficult. Also clutch issues may cause some non-linear engagement, causing engine to stumble/stall during process. It's not really a throttle issues. Get clutch-lever fixed first and see if throttle-issue fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts