Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I randomly noticed the other day that my clutch pedal was super loose, as if about to fall off. I checked the hex and associated nut, and it was indeed loose. Tightened it up real quick and it was fine.

I've then checked it a few times after a ride and it's loose again. As far as I can tell there's no damage or anything obviously wrong with it, but also obviously shouldn't be coming loose after shifting a bit either. I assume it's either vibrating loose or just via shifting. Something I can check or do to get it back in shape?

Edit: and yes, a quick finger tighten sorts it out for a little but . . .

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Got me beat. Wrong century methinks. Some early motorcycles had a clutch pedal and hand gear change. The father of a mate at school had one, a 2nd World War vintage US Army model Indian.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ah a suicide shifter fitted to a cbr250... now thats stylin... beasts the wooses with gear position indicators.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, sorry. It's late, just got back from work and my hands are tired from reaching down to manually move the chain through the gears. :)

I meant the shifter pedal. :p

·
Registered
354 Posts
There was a post elswhere about this, one more thing you want to do is lube (grease) the bolt where the pedal pivots, this will also help to keep it from trying to loosen the assembly. May shift nicer too.

loctite is xlnt, but the areas where you apply loctite need to be clean as if you were going to paint them (oil free, degreased). Yup degrease, grease, and loctite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts