Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch has been slipping quite a bit since about an hour of friction point practice (U-turns, slow movements etc) a few weeks ago, took it to the dealer who said ive burnt the clutch a little. He Adjusted the cable and the bike seemed a bit better but now I need to adjust the cable after a hard ride(8-9000 rpm gear changes) due to clutch clipping. There is also carbon/black stuff where the cable rubs at the bottom cable adjustment end. Do I need to get Cable lube? recommendations?

ITS ONLY DONE 800KMS, how can I have worn the clutch plate already.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
As sendler noted - change the oil - soon.

What oil was in it? Oils with Friction Modifiers can cause clutch-slipping issues (eventually).

As far as clutch practice goes, I'd say practice getting the clutch completely engaged (out) as soon and smoothly as possible. You shouldn't need to linger in the slip-zone for long if you are doing it correctly. If you do linger in that zone for any amount of time at higher RPMs, you are certain to do damage to the clutch eventually.

You could lube the cable, but at this point it shouldn't be causing problems unless something unusual is going on.

Jay

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 10mm free play

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I first complained about abnormal vibrations, the mentioned the clutch. It was in Thai, so I didn't understand the whole explanation. They even asked whether I had experience with a manual gearbox...:p
Do not see the link between vibrations and clutch. Now the bike is back to Bangkok, wait and see.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to bump this topic, see if theres any updates with this, seems to happen in the morning when I go to take off for the first time and then occasionally when I down shift with out the bike being warm.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You wouldn't need all of those parts. Just the friction plates and the steels and anything in the assy that might be one use only. Maybe the center if the friction area is ruined. The labor is best left to someone that has done it before.
Cant learn by other people doing it :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts