Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there is already a topic about this but I just have a quick question. I was practicing wheelies for the first time this afternoon and was wondering how high do you guys have to rev before dropping the clutch to pop it up? I'm usually going between 10-15 mph in first and it seems I have to rev really high to get the front to jump up to the balancing point, maybe 8.5 or 9k? Is this normal for these little quarter litres?

·
Registered
611 Posts
No training manual available. To Learn that type of operation. It's strickley On The Job Training. Best of Luck, Learning this New Riding Experience.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I obviously don't plan to ride around town on one wheel or start stunting lol. I just want to show my friends with 600s and liters that you don't need a big bike to have fun.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I just want to show my friends with 600s and liters that you don't need a big bike to have fun.
:cool:...but you don't need one wheel fun for this , our bikes are more fun than theirs on two wheels ;)

don't try this:
know you probably will so at least will give you some advise
if you are rolling at 15 you can pop the clutch at about 91/2 10 but DONT STAY ON THE THROTTLE !!let got till till about 1/4 throttle to ride out but these are called power wheelies or squid wheelies...but beware, not recommended.....why !? trying to explain this and how to wheelie is like trying to explain to some one over the internet , how to swim..who's never swim :confused:

"I obviously don't plan to ride around town on one wheel or start stunting lol."
-trainwreck8391 (soon to be cbrwreck);):D:cool:

^ this is why you shouldn't try to wheelie you bike.
one wheel fun takes time , respect and dedication :rolleyes::D

just tell your 600 buddies: let's race ..... just don't break any of the traffic laws ....... you'll smoke them around turns :)

.......but not on straights :(
might have to ride there to show your 600 buddies "what's up !!":mad:
:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thanks, I obviously don't plan to ride around town on one wheel or start stunting lol. I just want to show my friends with 600s and liters that you don't need a big bike to have fun.
I know what your saying. A few years I had a Harley sportster. Yes I owned one of those high priced brigs and strattons and everyone always said harleys cant do wheelies. Well I proved everyone wrong by ridding them for quite some distance.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Your buddys riding the 600 bikes are most likely doing throttle wheelies. Dumping the clutch at high rpm's in not good for your clutch and a good way to start eating up parts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where are you from sniper? and thanks tom, although i'm pretty sure they are using the clutch method not just powering them up... i could be wrong though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice day in So*Cal today for a wheelie luncheon.

I just power them up, I think like 7k and then throttle up with a little lean back action, no clutching. I’ll have to take the GoPro with me next time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be awesome if you could post or pm me a video of what your hands are doing and of your tach. Been looking but can't seem to find a good tutorial for wheelieing (yeah I just made that word up, i'm from Wisconsin, I can do that!) on a two-fiddy! :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
My 600 has 112 hp and i cannot power up a wheelie.
Your 600 buddies are clutching up just like the 250's.
Unless they have changed sprockets.
I can pop a wheelie really easy on the 250. I can be going 15 mph up dump it a go right up. On my 600 i dump clutch and am doing 60 in no time and its scary as a mf. The 250 a good place to start. And dirt bike better place. I can get my wheel up easy but riding it out i cant do. Street sniper only dude i seen ride the balance point on the 250 I go left or right and have to take her down or else ill fall over. Its def harder than it looks. I can ride wheelies all day on a dirt bike. Street bike a lot different for me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
just a safety thought. Can you wheelie a bicycle & maintian it for a length of time?If you can great. If not I dont recommend trying it on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your concern TBC! That is a good point, but believe me I wouldn't be trying to wheelie a a motocycle with less than 1,000 miles if I didn't already have a good grasp on the concept of balance points! :D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I will try and get some pics.... not that I condone such behavior :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts