Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
I live in Michigan, we normally start getting snow in november so my riding season is coming to an end BUMMER. It would be great if we have a late winter and we could ride into december. Time will tell

·
Registered
427 Posts
I live in Michigan, we normally start getting snow in november so my riding season is coming to an end BUMMER.
I hear ya Tom, same for me. Went out for a little scoot yesterday and noticed the trees have started with the color change. I've got a love/hate relationship with the Fall. Love the colors, the clear air and the brisk rides. But it also means the bikes will be put away for the long white.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I got the Typhoon pant by Bilt at CycleGear. They will arrive tomorrow. Looks like it may get down into the lower 40s this week. We will see they work.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
this is cutting into my riding time...
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
All the safety gear looks good, but technique has me worried. Cut down, not back towards yourself, and especially don't put any part of your body within the swinging arc of the chainsaw. Butt the motor end of the chain bar up against the log; use the teeth there to grip in and help control the saw.

Just like motorcycling..... You know, the fair weather riders who kit out themselves and their cycle with all the sensible biker stuff, and can recite all the MSF (or whatever) mantras, but ride like accidents waiting to happen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
About 58 out tonight...ended up riding with a layer less than I would have liked, and my mesh gloves. Spilled a coffee in my lap at Sheetz and had to ride home wet. Still, it was a great ride.

·
Registered
619 Posts
^^Okay, good call, you have a good eye. I was just screwing around, you can do that when you cut a bit. That log is actually off the ground about 3 feet, and I had to make the chips fly up for the camera, hehehe.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
^^Okay, good call, you have a good eye. I was just screwing around, you can do that when you cut a bit. That log is actually off the ground about 3 feet, and I had to make the chips fly up for the camera, hehehe.
Forgiven.....!

We all do muck around a bit; done with experience, caution and judgement we can get away with a bit.

As for myself and chain saws; no instruction when I started using them over 40 years ago, and none since. Like most things, it comes down to common sense. A bit of training is a good thing, but now I reckon they overdo it for many things, motorcycling included.

Hearing protection was something no one even heard of back then. What with chainsaws, tractors and more, mine has suffered a bit. Still reasonably sharp, but with tinnitus, and no doubt more than normal frequency range loss. I struggle with conversation in noisy situations, where others cope.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts