application of the front brake.

Linked Brakes: application of
either the front or rear brake
will cause some pressure to be
applied to the other brake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The CBR250 R has an integrated brake system - applying rear brakes will activate one set of pistons on the front brake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jpit,

Thank you for the response. I couldn't find anything in the brochure or on the Honda website, which explicitly stated whether the brakes were integrated or linked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
what about when applying the front brakes, will the rear brakes assist the front brakes?
I have a strong belief it's like that but need someone who knows to confirm that. It just makes sense to me that it will work the other way around.

·
281 Posts
what about when applying the front brakes, will the rear brakes assist the front brakes?
I have a strong belief it's like that but need someone who knows to confirm that. It just makes sense to me that it will work the other way around.
Hondapwr! When you apply the front brake only: You will have abs available for front wheel only...not linked the rear brake at all.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check this thread out:

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-cbr250-general-discussion/11-abs-honda-cbr250r.html

There is a diagram of the C-ABS in the third post down.
ohh nicee! thanks :)

i love diagrams, having visuals always helps.

In that same thread i see that the CBR250R ABS system helps but doesn't make a huge difference. I have to try the ABS braking system on the CBR250R one day. Trusting the ABS alone might not be good enough, good judgement calls also play a major roll!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
ohh nicee! thanks :)

i love diagrams, having visuals always helps.

In that same thread i see that the CBR250R ABS system helps but doesn't make a huge difference. I have to try the ABS braking system on the CBR250R one day. Trusting the ABS alone might not be good enough, good judgement calls also play a major roll!
I reckon you've got it sussed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hondapwr! When you apply the front brake only: You will have abs available for front wheel only...not linked the rear brake at all.
Well, if you are only using the front brake, no chance of the back locking, but to be clear, ABS is active full time, and independent on both wheels. It is a dual-channel system. Not saying your wrong..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts