Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I just wanted to post an official 'hello' and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge on this forum. I am one of those people who studies (far too much) before major purchases, and I found this site to be invaluable. So, thanks.

I picked up my new 2011 black ABS model two weeks ago Monday and despite a crazy couple of weeks at work--including a transcon business trip--and a few days of rain, I'm closing in on 300 miles already.

I am a bit of a night owl and have found the late night streets to be a great place to get more comfortable with the CBR and to build my all-new riding skills.

Below is a late-night self portrait in our local beach parking lot. Enjoy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, I have been saying that after me and my wife get our license to ride - that we should get practice out on the open roads late night when there's far less cars around and it will get us used to being around them without being thrown to the wolves.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Once you feel like getting north of Boston (I know I know.. there's that ugly bit in the middle!) give Rt. 1A a try. I usually ride it from Portsmouth to Hampton once or twice a day, some days more. Mostly a relaxing ride, great ocean views, lots of other bikes, and the bikinis are starting to come out now that it's warm. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, all!

@allen -- Thanks, I'll give 1A a try... some day.

Down this way, there are a lot of beautiful roads off of Rt. 3A (like Atlantic Ave, Cohasset). No binkinis, but you get the same views as the multi-million-dollar mansions.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I had a multi-million dollar mansion you can bet it would have a bikini view, from every window, 24/7. Otherwise what's the point?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3a = a-ok

If I had a multi-million dollar mansion you can bet it would have a bikini view, from every window, 24/7. Otherwise what's the point?!
Still no bikinis in sight, but I took 3A all the way down to Plymouth last night. Highly recommended! There are even some actual twisties (at least to noob me) once you hit the wilds of Duxbury -- but with soft-looking woods whizzing by instead of rocks and cliffs.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Still no bikinis in sight, but I took 3A all the way down to Plymouth last night. Highly recommended! There are even some actual twisties (at least to noob me) once you hit the wilds of Duxbury -- but with soft-looking woods whizzing by instead of rocks and cliffs.
Sounds like fun.. I think this weekend I'm going to take a run around lake winnipesaukee (clockwise of course, what's the point of being on the side far from the water?!), zip back over to 1A, and take it down into MA. From there, maybe I'll feel up to braving all you raving MA lunatics and hunting down this 3A of which you speak.. :)

Going to drag the gopro along for at least some of it. Not sure yet if I want to buy more SD cards, or haul laptop along too (ugh) to clean off the one 4G I have when it gets full. Maybe I should go find a cheap netbook instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like fun.. I think this weekend I'm going to take a run around lake winnipesaukee (clockwise of course, what's the point of being on the side far from the water?!), zip back over to 1A, and take it down into MA. From there, maybe I'll feel up to braving all you raving MA lunatics and hunting down this 3A of which you speak.. :)
We'll be watching for you... just don't confuse the North Shore's Rte 3A with ours down south. Not even Google Maps tries to figure out how they connect through Boston. They don't, so don't bother. Just get around (or go around) Boston as you see fit.

Going to drag the gopro along for at least some of it. Not sure yet if I want to buy more SD cards, or haul laptop along too (ugh) to clean off the one 4G I have when it gets full. Maybe I should go find a cheap netbook instead.
I vote for the SD cards. Cheap netbooks are... well... cheap.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did get the SD card and extra batteries, didn't need either.. hah! But at least I have plenty of spares now. Will see about getting down that way tomorrow, probably take 1A to beverly, then circumvent boston via I-95 -> I-93 in Dorchester. You're local, you'd know better if that would work or if I should swing even wider around Boston.. ;)

I intentionally don't get down that way very often.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're local, you'd know better if that would work or if I should swing even wider around Boston.. ;)

I intentionally don't get down that way very often.
Sorry -- missed your question. I must have been out riding.

I haven't ventured onto any road starting with "I-" yet, but my car experience tells me that it's usually just as easy to go right through Boston, enjoy the Big Dig you paid for, etc. -- as long as you check the traffic report first. Weaving through Boston on a weekend shouldn't be too bad either, in case you need to dive off the interstate.

Which path did you choose?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I didn't end up making it down there.. I went around the lake on Saturday, Sunday was a bit of wash as my buddy didn't show up until late and I had to get to Logan to pick up a friend whos flight was landing at 9. Home by midnight, up drinking until about 5, Monday recovery.. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts