Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I just got the new Honda CBR250r 2012, yeah but I dont know how to lock the wheel????

THeres a section on my bock that says wheel lock but I dont know how to lock it without breaking my key in the ignition. I know this must be one of the dumbest questions and I feel like the biggest newb. Please help

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Im gonna give a shot, I make a youtube vid if doesnt work
Pull the bars all the way to the right and turn the key all the way to the left. While in the OFF position, push in and turn left. This will lock the bars. To unlock, just wiggle the bar a little and turn the key to the right.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Haha I almost asked the same exact thing when I first bought mine! I thought my lock cylinder was broken. Just saying you can find an answer to almost anything with a quick google search. But dont put yourself down its not like your the only that this happened to :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Most manuals don't contain any helpful information. I am surprised as to how in depth this Honda manual really goes. I just wish they had a ************* wire diagram for the taillight!

·
Registered
158 Posts
^ Haha I'll be there soon too AOP. I'm probably gonna buy that hotbodies fe in the next few week.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pull the bars all the way to the right and turn the key all the way to the left. While in the OFF position, push in and turn left. This will lock the bars. To unlock, just wiggle the bar a little and turn the key to the right.
Do the bars lock to the right? I never tried, but if your kickstand is on the left then you should turn the bars left also to lock. Turning to the right and leaning the bike left onto the stand is not good methinks. Forgive me if this is just a typo.

This is from the manual about parking.
After stopping the motorcycle, shift the
transmission into neutral, turn the
handlebar fully to the left, turn the
ignition switch OFF and remove the key.
Use the side stand to support the
motorcycle while parked.

My DOT Motorcycle book says the same thing. You get more weight on the sidestand if the wheel is turned to the left...more stability.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do the bars lock to the right? I never tried, but if your kickstand is on the left then you should turn the bars left also to lock. Turning to the right and leaning the bike left onto the stand is not good methinks. Forgive me if this is just a typo.

This is from the manual about parking.
After stopping the motorcycle, shift the
transmission into neutral, turn the
handlebar fully to the left, turn the
ignition switch OFF and remove the key.
Use the side stand to support the
motorcycle while parked.

My DOT Motorcycle book says the same thing. You get more weight on the sidestand if the wheel is turned to the left...more stability.
Yes the correct way is LEFT - much more stable.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much, the funny thing is that my bike didnt come with a manual. I dont know if the dealer didnt put it in or what. I got the bike delivered and I swooned to the point without asking many questions.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thank you all so much, the funny thing is that my bike didnt come with a manual. I dont know if the dealer didnt put it in or what. I got the bike delivered and I swooned to the point without asking many questions.
The manual shows you how to take the rear seat off to find the manual :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha I almost asked the same exact thing when I first bought mine! I thought my lock cylinder was broken. Just saying you can find an answer to almost anything with a quick google search. But dont put yourself down its not like your the only that this happened to :D
Google only gave me answers on how to buy a lock for my bike but never showed me or pointed me in the right direction on how to lock my front wheel. Just page after page after page of D Lock, chain locks, and more locks for purchase

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
um just found out that I can remove the seat, Im a compete newb. My neighbor is showing me how to ride to today. My wife is making me take a beginners class then an advance class.

Im go do some searchin for an online manual all Ive found is last years model and a maintenance handbook

·
Registered
534 Posts
I must either just have a really good dealer or ya'lls are crappy. Mine went over everything on the bike when I picked mine up from the helmet lock, the underseat storage, setting the clock, locking the bars, the kick stand kill switch, turn signals, EVERYTHING! They spent probably fifteen minutes or more showing me all the stuff on the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well when I bought the bike (on Friday) they were gonna delivery it to my house Tuesday (yesterday); but since Im on vacation I was running around taking care of errands for the wife, picking up my nephew from school, and cleaning the house. Between all that I kinda missed my delivery and he was tired of waiting for me. So I thnk he kinda breezed through it and he did mention that they were gonna go over all these things during the CHP class Im taking.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Kickstand of the left....turn front wheel ALL the way to the left when locking the forks. Haven't heard of turning wheel to the right:confused:then locking. The same "key in lock" principle applies when locking a steering wheel in your car (except you don't turn wheels to the left lol)

·
1,305 Posts
Mel, welcome to the site.

the M&M MOTORCYCLE TRAINING INC in Fullerton are excellent for the MSF training and i highly recommend them to EVERYONE in our area.

where in OC are you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts