Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Compression Ck to Verify Valve Clearances

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Wynne G Oldman 
A compression check only tells you that you've got a problem. The whole idea of servicing is to prevent problems happening. If I were you, I would never use this dealer again. There is a Honda dealer in my town, but he's a f***ing idiot. I take my bike to be serviced at a place I can trust, that is inconvenient for me to get to, but I know does a good job. ;)

Checking the valve clearance is less labour intensitive than actually adjusting them. I don't know what mechanic's charge per hour in your part of the world, but just think how much a 16 valve DOHC 4 cylinder bike with buckets and shims is going to cost to do a major service on, where they usually have to remove the camshafts to do it, compared to our single, and be happy. I'll give you a clue, it's around £600 over here. Most people don't bother, and just change the oil, and pretend that they've done a service. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.