Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a CBR250R for commuting and general city riding, but I am 6 ft 1" and worried the bike will be too small for me or cramped. Sitting on the bike at the dealer doesn't really give me a good sense of riding position. I am 155 lbs so weight is not an issue. Any feedback from other taller riders would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
A little over 6 feet and a little under 210 here. Also 61 years old. Lack of flexibility due to age means I can't get low behind the windshield but otherwise it is fine. I weighed 155 30 years ago and it would have been no problem.
regards
Badger

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have no problem at 6 ft.

But test ride them all and buy the bike that fits you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 6'-2" and 220 lbs. It is not to small for me. With a long reach I don't have to lean foward to grip the bars. I knew all I needed to know about fit when I sat on it at the dealer before the paperwork was done.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Im 6'3" 230+ pounds
No problems here at all.
The bike suits me well enough

And i agree with Carl. i too dont have to lean forward to grip the bars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am 6 ft 1" and worried the bike will be too small for me or cramped.

I say if it's your first bike like me go for it man. I am 6'3" 200lbs Former Marine. I got to test drive mine first at the dealer and yeah it feels kinda small but not unbearable. I am comfortable on the bike and I don't regret buying it for my first bike, I think it was the perfect choice especially for entry level. The bike will eventually be my wife's but due to our first baby being born my money was limited before purchase. I think in a couple years I may get a BMWF800ST:cool: similar styling but better for two up riding and weekend trips with your girlfriend/spouse. Plus the money you save you can spend modding it or customizing it.

I think you will enjoy the bike as much as I have and I am 2inches taller and 50lbs heavier. Good luck with it, but ask your dealer for a test ride. Find whats comfortable for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not quite 6 foot, but the CBR250R is roomy compared to my previous Ducati Monster. The Honda is way more comfortable and more than enough bike for me now at age 60. I have riden hundreds of different bikes since I was 16 and I really like my new CBR.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with most everyone who has already posted on this topic. I am 68 years old, 6"2" and 235 lb, and for such a small bike (compared to my stateside bike, a VStrom DL650), it seems to fit me pretty good. Plus, I ride mostly 2-up with my Thai girlfriend and even loaded it handles and rides surprisingly well.
That said, the sportier seating position on this bike does cause some discomfort in my wrists, especially in traffic where you're constantly clutching and braking. I live in Thailand winters and was able to rent a CBR before making the plunge and I recommend that OP do the same if at all possible. As for your height though, no problem.

If you're used to a cruiser or multi-purpose bike like the VStrom, the CBR will feel quite different. My VStrom, with its high seat and upright seating position was the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

But this new bike is a wonderful machine in all respects. Honda has produced a real gem with this engine providing big power and responsiveness in a tiny lightweight package. Plus, I got 86 mpg riding 2-up on a recent road trip. Beats the hell out of my VStrom!

Dave
Bangkok, Thailand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts