Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mechanic replaced my cct and timing-chain 1500km ago and the sound is back again so I am going to go manual. You didn't mentioned it but reading the manual its says to put the piston in TDC compression stroke, is there a way to know/feel the compression stroke without opening the valves cover?

·
Registered
17 Posts
CCT wearing out quickly is only symptom or effects/side-effect. Real problem causing this is still unresolved. Doesn't matter if you replace with factory or manual CCT, it too will wear out quickly. Find real problem and fix it before wasting another CCT.
I already thought if it’s a side effect however it looks like it’s a known issue for the cbr300r, cfr250 and cbr250r. One curious thing it’s I am almost sure it appeared both times after doing the same route. This route is to a volcano with an altitude around 3000m. The road is almost a incline all the way up. For most of the way I kept the bike around 7000rpm at second gear and I didnt felt any lack of power. Maybe the abruptly change of altitude and temperature and something that’s not right in bike make it fail ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I repeat I suggest you try to activate the warranty. If you trust your mechanic go to him and try to check what is wrong.
Warranty is already gone since the job was done more than 3 months ago. Yesterday I took a look in the first cct that was removed and the issue was pretty obvious, the more the plunger is out the screw tension is way weaker and theres nothing to help the spring keep its current position.
This weekend I will try to do the manual conversion too see if the noise is removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts