Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
318 Posts
Mechanic replaced my cct and timing-chain 1500km ago and the sound is back again
I would try to test more options before I state that the problem is in the tensioner.
You claim that mechanic replace your CCTensioner.
You should have warranty for that repair, yes?

... so I am going to go manual. You didn't mentioned it but reading the manual its says to put the piston in TDC compression stroke, is there a way to know/feel the compression stroke without opening the valves cover?
Yes it is possible. To do this you need to remove the plug, look through the hole of the plug into the combustion chamber and see the piston when it reaches the top. If the fuel tank is not removed, a mirror can be useful. Also you can push a rod (plastic rod? One that will not damage the cylinder) into the plug hole and know TDC by the height of the rod. It is also possible to pinpoint the TDC if you look at the T-Mark.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
318 Posts
CCT wearing out quickly is only symptom or effects/side-effect. Real problem causing this is still unresolved.
...Find real problem and fix it before wasting another CCT
The problem is not anywhere else, it's just the The CCT that requires replacement earlier than expected according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Doesn't matter if you replace with factory or manual CCT.
You are right. In the years that there was a manual tensioner, the adjustment in any case would have been done at a frequency of every 5000 Km. Not that something was broken, because that's the maintenance schedule for manual tensioner. At cbr250r the automatic tensioner needs to be replaced every 20,000 Km, which is indeed earlier than expected, but not a dramatic matter (Because it requires very short working time to replace it, also because the access is very convenient).

Note that the matter is not longevity of the CCTensioner, the matter is 30USD Vs 4USD.

Considering the fact that our motorcycle is a budget motorcycle, the offer to go for a D.I.Y cheap manual CCTensioner is in the spirit of the model.

·
Registered
318 Posts
side effect however it looks like it’s a known issue for the cbr300r, cfr250 and cbr250r
The accompanying problems do not come by themselves, they come when we not replacing the CCT in time. Ther are no other side issues.

Heavy load increases abrasion, a single ride at 7000 rpm does not constitute an unusual load. The motorcycle is cooled by liquid and not air, so the temperature is stable even when the speed is low. At high rpm the cooling pump flows more coolant and the engine does not heat up.

I repeat I suggest you try to activate the warranty. If you trust your mechanic go to him and try to check what is wrong.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Warranty is already gone since the job was done more than 3 months ago.
In any case I suggest you contact your mechanic, the CCT should hold at least 20,000Km.

the more the plunger is out the screw tension is way weaker
YES

theres nothing to help the spring keep its current position.
NO.
The patent there is not built on the spring force, these on one-way plunger. The plunger only goes out, and does not go back inside (Only by the special screw). The power of the spring is only to push the plunger to the closest position that possible. Therefore it is an automatic mechanism.

I will try to do the manual
(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hmm, I wonder where oil-pick up is in oil-pan? Is it in front or rear of pan? With or without baffles?
You are made me to curiosity. Now we both have no "wonder" anymore. Thanks!
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Crankset Light Motor vehicle Vehicle brake

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle brake Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas

I've seen lots of bikes that are used for stunting and wheelies have premature bearing-wear because oil pick-up tube sucks in air instead of oil. Might be case with going uphill for long time?
YES: It's need really crazy angles, like situations that stunt riders get into.
No: There is no road in the world that the motorcycle can climb on in terms of slope, and the fuel pump will not get oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts