Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
245 Posts
side effect however it looks like it’s a known issue for the cbr300r, cfr250 and cbr250r
The accompanying problems do not come by themselves, they come when we not replacing the CCT in time. Ther are no other side issues.

Heavy load increases abrasion, a single ride at 7000 rpm does not constitute an unusual load. The motorcycle is cooled by liquid and not air, so the temperature is stable even when the speed is low. At high rpm the cooling pump flows more coolant and the engine does not heat up.

I repeat I suggest you try to activate the warranty. If you trust your mechanic go to him and try to check what is wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I repeat I suggest you try to activate the warranty. If you trust your mechanic go to him and try to check what is wrong.
Warranty is already gone since the job was done more than 3 months ago. Yesterday I took a look in the first cct that was removed and the issue was pretty obvious, the more the plunger is out the screw tension is way weaker and theres nothing to help the spring keep its current position.
This weekend I will try to do the manual conversion too see if the noise is removed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Warranty is already gone since the job was done more than 3 months ago.
In any case I suggest you contact your mechanic, the CCT should hold at least 20,000Km.

the more the plunger is out the screw tension is way weaker
YES

theres nothing to help the spring keep its current position.
NO.
The patent there is not built on the spring force, these on one-way plunger. The plunger only goes out, and does not go back inside (Only by the special screw). The power of the spring is only to push the plunger to the closest position that possible. Therefore it is an automatic mechanism.

I will try to do the manual
(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmm, I wonder where oil-pick up is in oil-pan? Is it in front or rear of pan? With or without baffles?

I've seen lots of bikes that are used for stunting and wheelies have premature bearing-wear because oil pick-up tube sucks in air instead of oil. Might be case with going uphill for long time?

Have you measured cam-chain stretch amount?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hmm, I wonder where oil-pick up is in oil-pan? Is it in front or rear of pan? With or without baffles?
You are made me to curiosity. Now we both have no "wonder" anymore. Thanks!
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Crankset Light Motor vehicle Vehicle brake

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle brake Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas

I've seen lots of bikes that are used for stunting and wheelies have premature bearing-wear because oil pick-up tube sucks in air instead of oil. Might be case with going uphill for long time?
YES: It's need really crazy angles, like situations that stunt riders get into.
No: There is no road in the world that the motorcycle can climb on in terms of slope, and the fuel pump will not get oil.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts