1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Oh sick! Totally ordering ASAP

·
Registered
354 Posts
I a ordering, I have had two before and liked them both. On my vtx 1300, if had kept it, I would need to have the seat modified further, but it was still waaaay better than stock. rode the vtx1300c into the dealer, rode out on sh150i. No regrets, but wish corbin made a seat for the SH150i.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I want one...wish it was less than $259 :(
but I have to do something,these stock seats are the worst ever made..

UPDATE: just ordered one...can't wait till I receive it :)
I like the edit hahaha.

If it's comfortable then it's worth $259 IMO.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sweet!! Now that is a worthwhile mod!

I don't see the point is spending masive dough on performance items for this bike like pipes that net you a whole 1-2 hp gain but...
Anything that improves ride quality like suspension, ergo's, comfort is money well spent I think.

Thank you for the link Azul

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can't wait for a report on these. I had one on a Nighthawk 750 and it was a great improvement.
The one thing I don't like about the CBR is the sporter style - I would rather have a naked street bike with the same engine and drivetrain. I'd like to hear if the Corbin saddle makes the riding position even more aggressive than the stock seat. My hands hurt some from the forward posture as it is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pete, if your hands are bothering you, try tightening your grip on the tank with your thighs and taking some pressure off of your arms. Arms should be for controlling the bike, not supporting your body weight. Your back and legs should be what is sore after a long sporty ride, at least, more so than your hands/wrists.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not sure if it changes the posture you have while riding or not...got my purchase order today..it says average manufacturing time is 4 weeks??!! I just got the black seat,black sides option.....$40 shipping...so $299 all together....it better be worth it

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the heads up !

The stock seat becomes a torture rack after about 4 hours. I ordered the 'Black (Imitation) Ostrich Leather' Front with Black sides. Looking forward to the comfort...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very interested to hear a report on the Corbin seats. Let us know what you think when you have got a little seat time in them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pete, if your hands are bothering you, try tightening your grip on the tank with your thighs and taking some pressure off of your arms. Arms should be for controlling the bike, not supporting your body weight. Your back and legs should be what is sore after a long sporty ride, at least, more so than your hands/wrists.
Thanks.
My whole riding life up til now has been cruisers/street bikes so I need to work on good CBR posture.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
They're great looking seats but I can't justify the high pricing. Hopefully more reviews of these will pop up soon.
Get a scrap of sheepskin (aka Butt Pad) for a fraction of the cost, and I reckon a whole lot more comfort.

I have done it; done some long days seated on sheepskin. It works. That's my review.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Just a heads up for all you who have ordered or are ordering the seat.

While I have no personal experience with Corbin, I have talked to many guys who have them over the years and they all say pretty much the exact same thing.

It takes 2K-3K riding miles for the seat to really break in and conform to the shape of your cheeks (not the ones on your face :D) After it's broken in it's great.
Before it breaks in, it is God awfully hard.
Most of the guys I talked to said after a couple hundred miles, their butt would hurt more than it did on the stock seat. After it broke in however, they could go many more miles than they could with the stock seat.

So if you get one of these seats and don't like it, put a couple thosand miles on it before making a final judgement.

That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
yes,that's true, the hard foam takes a while to settle down to the new shape of the cheeks:D
but it's still worth to put in against the stock one which really :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
My long gone FJ1100 had a Corbin seat (the original owner got it). The seat sort of 'was never there'. That's the way it should be !
My Honda Blackbird has a very good stock seat, I've never felt that there was any reason to replace it so obviously Honda engineering knows how to make a seat that's good for the long haul.. I don't know if spec-ing a better seat for the 250 would have either cost more money or raised the height more than their target. They probably figured that most people would be using the bike primarily for short trips so the seat that they have now is good enough.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts