Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a question regarding tyre pressure. The Honda manual states 29psi cold tyres, rider only.

I've had the bike for a week and the other day I was checking the tyre pressure and the dealership seems to have pumped up the tyres to 38psi front and 35psi rear.

Have they stuffed it up and should I deflate them to the recommended pressure by Honda?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Go to the correct pressure in the owners manual, (and the sticker on the left side of the swingarm)
29 front/30 rear.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i am pretty sure mine says 29psi front -29psi rear (up to 200lbs) over 200lbs its 29psi front -33psi rear....thats here in the states..maybe its different for you folks in the outback..

Absolutely deflate your tires to the proper pressure...check them often.....I noticed as it got colder and colder here..I had to add 1 or 2psi to both tires every weekend I took her out for a spin..I would imagine I will be letting a few psi out of them as it warms up again in the spring.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i am pretty sure mine says 29psi front -29psi rear (up to 200lbs) over 200lbs its 29psi front -33psi rear....thats here in the states..maybe its different for you folks in the outback..

Absolutely deflate your tires to the proper pressure...check them often.....I noticed as it got colder and colder here..I had to add 1 or 2psi to both tires every weekend I took her out for a spin..I would imagine I will be letting a few psi out of them as it warms up again in the spring.
Says the same thing on the bike I bought here in Indonesia. I was actually just checking the pressure tonight, and had to add some but it felt pretty tight already. Can't imagine 38psi would be like!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If that was checked cold, it definitely way too much. If it was checked hot, it's still too much.

Check them cold and set them to the recommended pressure - 29 fr, 30 rr (EDIT: or 29rr. Generally the rear is slightly higher than the front, but at 29/30 psi you won't notice 1 pound. Settings of 38fr and 35rr, if cold, by the dealer/mechanic is malpractice).

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts