Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been interested in purchasing some saddlebags that I can put on/take off the CBR easily that also don't affect the look of the bike horribly. I have narrowed the choice down to these 2 set-ups and I would like some outside opinions. The Nelson Rigg Sports Bags or The cortech Sports saddle bags. Also some pictures on the bike would be very helpful. I plan to do some touring, but mostly need the luggage room for just small things(won't need a lot of extra space). Any other suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Cortech

I have been interested in purchasing some saddlebags that I can put on/take off the CBR easily that also don't affect the look of the bike horribly. I have narrowed the choice down to these 2 set-ups and I would like some outside opinions. The Nelson Rigg Sports Bags or The cortech Sports saddle bags. Also some pictures on the bike would be very helpful. I plan to do some touring, but mostly need the luggage room for just small things(won't need a lot of extra space). Any other suggestions are welcome.
I have been using the seat trunk of the Cortech sport bag system for the last couple weeks and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any way you could post pictures of how you mounted the tail bag? Also is it very secure and about how much can you hold in the tailbag?

·
Registered
100 Posts
i too had looked at the cortech line of bags, but after seeing some not so great user reviews i looked into another line made by motocentric. decided to try them out first with a tank bag - bought the smallest tank bag as the next size up looked like it might not fit too well, and it works well (bought the magnetic version - holds on really well - not even a budge at 130 km/hr/ 80 mph. i have held off on buying saddlebags as i don;t really need them yet, but will likely get them at some point. all the user reviews of this company's products seem really positive. here's the link:

Street Bike Motorcycle Luggage by MotoCentric - Motorcycle Luggage

see what you think! :)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
full

Any way you could post pictures of how you mounted the tail bag? Also is it very secure and about how much can you hold in the tailbag?
I should have taken a photo yeaterday. I had both side extensions zipped out and it was stuffed full. I am still very happy with the Cortech trunk for back and forht to work. It could be twice as tall to hold more clothes for trips. Works great for a gallon of milk or a hamberger. The CBR250R has a rear seat that works really well with trunk bags. The rear seat of the Ninja is round and it doesn't stay level as well when full.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I am really looking for a bag that is basically just back and forth to work so if i can fit my hardhat, coffee thermos, and a lunch in there i'll be happy.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
works

Yes, I am really looking for a bag that is basically just back and forth to work so if i can fit my hardhat, coffee thermos, and a lunch in there i'll be happy.
Should work well for that. it is actually quite big with both sides unzipped. It won't hold a cooler though if that is what you use for a lunch box.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got a small Ogio magnetic tank bag, and so far it's worked ok, for a little extra space to go along with my backpack. I would like to get either a tail bag or just a decent fitting cargo net, for my passenger helmet or small packages. Will probably someday get a saddlebag setup, but not for a while.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Pics please!! I've been seriously debating buying a tankbag or saddlebags but just haven't because no shops locally have anything I can put my hands on to see the actual dimensions
Same here. I really want a tank bag but I hate to buy one without seeing how it would fit.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Cortech pic

Pics please!! I've been seriously debating buying a tankbag or saddlebags but just haven't because no shops locally have anything I can put my hands on to see the actual dimensions
Here's a quick pic in the dark of the Cortech. It is loaded with my huge laptop, two 20 oz. shaker mugs, a bike bottle, a bag of dirty bike clothes, and the outer shell of my Tourmaster Flex jacket. Yesterday I had 5 shirts and 5 pants rolled up still on hangers crammed on top of the laptop. I happened to ride the Ninja today to compare. It isn't tall enough to hold a helmet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Luggage

The Cortech sportbike luggage fits well on CBR and has good muffler clearance. The tailbag clips to the side bags but also has hidden bungee cords with hooks so it can be used alone. To keep the bags from drooping inward, I attached a short length of 1&1/4 inch ABS pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here's a quick pic in the dark of the Cortech. It is loaded with my huge laptop, two 20 oz. shaker mugs, a bike bottle, a bag of dirty bike clothes, and the outer shell of my Tourmaster Flex jacket. Yesterday I had 5 shirts and 5 pants rolled up still on hangers crammed on top of the laptop. I happened to ride the Ninja today to compare. It isn't tall enough to hold a helmet.

Interesting !
How big is the laptop that you're carrying ? I need to carry a 17" machine @15 lbs. The laptop bag that I'm currently using *just* carries enough but I could use something that will carry a little bit more, perhaps this Cortech will do the job ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Cortech sportbike luggage fits well on CBR and has good muffler clearance. The tailbag clips to the side bags but also has hidden bungee cords with hooks so it can be used alone. To keep the bags from drooping inward, I attached a short length of 1&1/4 inch ABS pipe.

Ordered these almost immediately after seeing this. Thanks for the PICS!!

·
745 Posts
I have the Cortech Sport tailbag as well - pics below:

Notes:

• On the front, I just clipped it to the passenger peg mount. In the rear, I looped each bungee 4 times around the grab handle and secured it. the front of the bag lines up with the step in the seat.
  • The bag is shown at max width. It's slack because it's empty. Normally I close the expansion zippers and it sits very straight on the rear pillion.
  • Bag comes with rain cover and a shoulder strap.
  • At max width, it will hold a 17" laptop (my dell). Nomally I keep it at the narrower width, and it comfortably holds my rainsuit and a pair of shoes, plus a couple of ring binders.
  • There are pockets on each end that are really handy.
  • Very useful bag. Between that and the Cortech mini tank bag, I really haven't struggled carrying what i need to.

Attachments

·
745 Posts
Same here. I really want a tank bag but I hate to buy one without seeing how it would fit.
Check out the Cortech Mini tank bag if you get a chance. It fits pretty nicely on the tank. Can provide a pic if you want.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts