Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is coming up to its 18k service and I'm wondering the prices either at the Honda dealership or a general bike mechanic shed for this interval. I bought the bike off a guy 6months ago and I'm dubious of what has been serviced on it, as the chain itself was black and slightly rusted!. So what prices could you expect with the 18k service for the cbr. Obviously any new parts needed with differ the price.
Thanks guys 馃憤

Registered
Good day, well the bike only needs to be done every 12000km or 12 months. So if its only a oil change you want to do then id say do it yourself. Its really easy just make sure you put the oil filter in correctly.
If we talking costs at a dealer here in south africa a general oil change was R1700 so AU170 at the dealer and a full check including checking the valve clearances it was R2900 so AU290.

If you are worried about the history of the bike and you have some extra money id really take it to the dealer and get the valve inspection done. This will calm the soul hahahah.

These bikes are really cheap to maintain so i do an oil change ever 4000km. It's like R400 or AU40 for parts.

Ride safe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Parish0056

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I will more than likely have the dealer do the valve clearances, it's a small single cylinder so it should be pretty straight forth for them. I'll be changing over a right handle bar, bar stoppers and fork seals on it in the near future at home. Plus the oil and filter too. If you have any tips for changing the fork seals let me know lol. Could keep a half a day job from turning into a weekend. Cheers 馃

1 - 5 of 5 Posts