Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the title says it all :( Pretty pissed right now: Parked my bike, was away for like 30min., came back, bike fell over (obviously on purpose...). Sucks, even though its just cosmetic things. Do they usually have these things in stock as spare parts, cause I wanna get it done quickly. Makes me sad to see my bike like this...

·
Registered
220 Posts
The cost depends where you are located as I'm not sure parts are priced uniformly across all markets. The mirror costs 400 INR, here. What you have broken are "fast moving" parts so the chance of your dealer having it in stock would probably be better than something sold once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First of all, how did you manage to have the bike FELL over???
And to arn, no mirrors and muffler cover are not fast moving parts....in fact they are almost long-term parts since they do not expect you to have them replaced soon.
To daniel, you should be able to find replacement mirror easy enough since theyre stock items in most dealers. However, your muffler will be harder to find since youll have to order it first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First of all, how did you manage to have the bike FELL over???
And to arn, no mirrors and muffler cover are not fast moving parts....in fact they are almost long-term parts since they do not expect you to have them replaced soon.
To daniel, you should be able to find replacement mirror easy enough since theyre stock items in most dealers. However, your muffler will be harder to find since youll have to order it first.

PS.
Sorry for double posting. The first one got the message that I was logged out, so I didnt expect it to get posted

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the info. Gonna go to the dealer now and check what they can do. Yea, I hope they have at least the mirror, as it looks really bad now, the muffler cover, yea scratched but not as badly (however it was already scratched a little before this, just by every day use, found it got scratched really easily. Maybe I can do something about it by polishing?).

Well, I didnt make it happen, should have written "fell" over "magically" or got knocked over by some asshole. Sucks a big time :(

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I got quoted $54 in Australia for a mirror but we pay too much for parts.
Tyga Performance has them listed cheap, along with heaps of other genuine parts..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Don't know about a mirror but your in luck over the muffler cover ...$36.92 not counting shipping charges by my research....that is exactly why they engineered the muffler with that cover that no one on here likes..(except me and a couple others)... its there as a muffler guard that can be replaced cheaply compared to needing to replace a damaged muffler

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies.

@ Stratton: I live on Bali

I just went to the dealer and I have to say I got a very pleasant surprise. Today in the morning I checked again and found I had to replace the muffler cover (lucky that we have it, and I like it too, saved me like 300$ :) ), right side turn signal, right side handle weight and right side mirror. I got it all for about 60$, including they changed the parts for me and it was all in stock. Thats what I love Honda for :) Great service. Now my CBR shines again^^

·
Registered
220 Posts

On this bike the mirrors are fast moving because the alloy arm tends to snap if there is an impact. Any fall has a good chance of breaking the mirror. Ditto the muffler cover - any fall on the right side = damage to the cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The cost depends where you are located as I'm not sure parts are priced uniformly across all markets. The mirror costs 400 INR, here. What you have broken are "fast moving" parts so the chance of your dealer having it in stock would probably be better than something sold once in a blue moon.
INR??? hmm...that sounds indian....i scratched my muffler cover some time back...want to get it replaced but couldnt find it available with my dealer....can you tell me if it's available elsewhere...and how much it would cost....thanx...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have not checked with my dealer (Vihaan Honda, Thane) regd the muffler cover. I could find out, but it might be better for you to wait till it arrives at your dealer, to avoid unnecessary courier charges. You'd probably get their contact information on the net, if you are keen on contacting them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the answers. Another question just popped up, doesnt really fit in here but I dont think I should open a new thread for that. Whats the actual max load you can put on the CBR? I read about 140kg on one site, then 160kg and then something in between. But what is right? My brother is gonna visit me and I gonna take him around on my CBR a little, Im about 75kg, hes like 80kg (=155kg +- 5kg) is that going to be fine without any long term damage?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The maximum load is mentioned in the user manual, but is is basically an indicative figure, a few kg here and there is not going to be catastrophic, though handling will be sub par unless you keep adjusting the monoshock preload every time you change from solo to double.

Tyres also have a maximum load - it should be written on the sidewall, I do not have an idea what it is for your tyre (road winner?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts