Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys and Girls... went on another ride and I am still smiling:D This is one fun ride! So responsive, light, solid seating, well balanced and it just loves to go!!!! No disappointment with this bike. Can't stop grinning or giggling:D. Just had to share;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D My previous bikes were a cruiser then a Honda cbf 1000...fun bike but too damm top heavy. Im a lightweight 115lbs. Difficult to man handle when needed so I grew increasingly frustrated. Rode that for only one season when lo and behold saw this cbr 250 at the bike show and knew that was my bike! cbr is 200lbs lighter and frankly a truly fun ride. This is what riding is all about.......having fun! For those still awaiting their bike.....hang in:eek: the wait will be worth it. Only thing I want to do is change the exhaust. Not yet, perhaps at end of season. A future plan:rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went from bigger bikes to the CBR250 ---madd trapper----

hey mad trapper,im going nuts waiting,i had 600cc in the past too,last week i checked out a buell xb12s this guy was selling on craigslist,looks like he kept the bike in a bubble,there wasnt a mark on it.I love the look of the bike,2008 buell xb12s for 5 k,i cant get my mind off of that bike,do u really think i should wait for the cbr 250,does it ride as good as the others r saying? you will think im nuts if i tell u what im hung up about on the buell,the frame,and that wide ass tire:D,dont know what to do.i keep hearing my friend in the background,dont get that underpowered cbr,get a real bike,meanwhile,he doesnt even ride,lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thats a tough one cause the Buells are nice. But they dont make em anymore and they might be a problem with parts. My most recent bikes have been a ZR7, Volusia 800 and the 883 Iron. None of them grabbed me, never really looked forward to riding them, especially the Sportster which I bought in Jan and picked up last month after the winter. Main reason I wanted the CBR was because it was light weight since I got hit by a car at work, (not on the bike). I also hoped the sport bike ergonomics would be better cause any bump on the Sportster went right up my spine. I havent got to ride it to much because of the weather but I love this thing. Im not a speed demon anymore so its fast enough for me, and it will keep me out of trouble. Its like a scooter on steroids. I look forward to riding it and goin crazy cause of this lousy weather. Puts a smile on my face everytime I ride it. It handles great. What really surprised me was how comfortable it is, granted my 2 longest rides have only been about 30 miles long each.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The bike gets more powerful as you break it in... I'm at 380 miles and it already sounds and performs a little better. Enjoy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know how it could be any more fun!!!

My first bike was a honda vt500 ascot; it was a really sweet ride, and i drove the wheels off of it... i thought it was just the right size... not too big, but plenty of power when needed or wanted. I drove that thing for transportation for about 7 years. It finally had a breakdown which i couldn't afford to get fixed, so i sold it to a friend for a dollar.

My next bike was/is a 1986 BMW R65. It is also a really sweet ride. In many ways it was *way* ahead of its day! The ergonomics on it are just outstanding. It is a 50hp bike w/ plenty of power, and i suppose it could be considered an 'entry level' cruiser. The reason i started looking around at other bikes was because the maintenance costs on it were starting to hit me, and i wanted something that got better milage (it gets about 33mpg). I haven't been able to force myself to part with it ;)

I got the CBR250R bug because of the milage claims and because of all of the magazine reviews.

I have just over 500 miles on it now. When i first rode the thing out of the dealership, and was winding through 2nd gear for the first time, i thought to myself -- oh ****, i've just bought a scooter!

I took it straight to freeway, and when i shifted into 3rd gear and gave it some gas, i knew my first impression was mis-leading. This is my first new bike, and i'll have to say, i have NO REGRETS whatsoever. It really is a remarkable little machine, and i couldn't be happier with my choice. The choice of what kind of motorcycle to ride boils down to what kind of riding you do, and what fits your taste. Everybody is different, so choosing which motorcycle is the 'right' one takes some research, and some test rides!

As far as the question in this thread goes... I don't know how it could be any more fun!!!

--l8r

·
Registered
619 Posts
>i have NO REGRETS whatsoever. It really is a remarkable little machine, and i couldn't be happier with my choice. The choice of what kind of motorcycle to ride boils down to what kind of riding you do, and what fits your taste. Everybody is different, so choosing which motorcycle is the 'right' one takes some research

Totally!

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah i hear u,i think i will wait it out.A brand new bike --vs--a used buell,i think i will get the new one,its nice buying new,if i ever get it,lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Another thing with the Buell and the HD XR1200 is that im to short, 5'9" and I had to be on my tippie toes, I dont like that. Of course I guess you could have it lowered.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey debra (Friends-Chandler fan), happy to know you enjoy the ride of CBR.
This bike definitely makes a lot of other bikes a big old 'Smelly Cat' :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts