Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Just put a deposit down a few days ago for my new cbr250r and this is going to be my first bike. Im really excited to enter the motorcycle world and as i've been looking around recently theres a lot of mentioning about everybody dropping there bike at some point. So im just wondering what anyone thinks about crash kits, crash knobs, crash bobbins or whatever you might call them and if they are worth it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

congrats on making the move on getting one step closer to having the CBR250R in your possession!

btw did you get the ABS or non-ABS model?

Also im curious why you decided to go with a Honda CBR250R over any other make/model? I always ask first timers that get Honda motorcycles this question.

Crash bobbins can be had for cheap, and being that your new, it could be a wise investment just incase you do get in a situation that you need it, which i hope you wont.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah why the cbr250? and why no the ninja?

Im just curious cause that the choice i have to make and haven't made yet =/

Anywhos i was planning to get crash bobbins or frame slides or whatever everyone calls it. And yeah i think its worth it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am also new to the motorcycling world. I went with Honda's CBR250R over the Ninja for a few reasons. Non-abs (because I just don't think I can wait)
-Fuel Injection! (this is probably the most important feature that makes it so I won't even take a used Ninja for less than 1k difference in price)
-Higher torque, less shifting during city riding, easier to get going from traffic signals/stop signs.
-Unique look/to have a different bike than all the other beginners (at least for a little while) I like the Ninja's agressive look, however the CBR just appeals more to me.
-I find the top speed to be negligible between the two.
-The fuel gauge and more modern display.
-slightly better MPG which is the main reason I am getting a bike (or at least the main reason my wife said yes).
-Honda reputation (although I must admit I would probably say Kawi's rep if I chose that bike...
-Not a real sway point, but the Honda dealer is closer so that's a nice bonus.
-forecast of high resale value (although like the MPGs I think it really may not be that different from the Ninja)

·
281 Posts
Eggs! How much did your dealer ask you to put down in deposit? And what is he asking for the bike in terms of sell price. How much for set-up, tax, and other dealer costs? And you alluded that you couldn't wait for abs? So your dealer indicated abs bikes would ship later? Thanks in advance for the info....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CBR Guy and Honda-Biker: I'm getting a Red Non-ABS. Primary reason for the decision was the Fuel Injection and overall craftsmanship of the Honda. It seems a lot more up to date compared to the Ninja. Although I think the Ninja looks sportier, I like the Honda in almost every other category so CBR it is.

As for the crash bobbins/frame sliders, does anyone know where to get ones for the CBR 250 or are there even any out yet?

Xplorguy: I had the choice of the ABS for the first shipment to but decided not to because I didn't like the whole "linked breaks" idea. Also I've driven a couple cars with ABS and didn't quite like it all too much. As for the price I had to put $500 down and then:

$4499.00 MSRP 2011 CBR250R
$435.00 Freight & PDI
$5.00 OMVIC fee
$12.43 Tire tax
$0.00 Admin fee
$5595.16 Total

I was going to wait until I could test drive it but all the places around Ottawa here in Canada were all almost sold out of all the bikes as of last week. And it was still another month before they got them, pretty crazy.

·
281 Posts
Eggs! thanks for your input on pricing, etc. I think you did the right thing in getting it reserved with your deposit. If you don't like the feel or fit I'm sure they will have another party to sell it to.........It is fairly amazing how this bike is catching on sight unseen and in a very slow market here in the states. I am going to place a deposit tomorrow here in Oregon. Hopeful mid May delivery. I am thinking black ABS. The abs is an excellent safety feature on a motorcycle. I do feel you should reconsider that option. Five hundred is cheap insurance and can save much more in damaged plastic should you go down due to locking up the tires. You will be shocked at the replacement parts pricing. Not to mention possibly saving your hide. Just my thoughts. Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where in Oregon are you? I am from South West Portland, moved out here to SLC a couple years ago.

I am all for the ABS version if they come in by May. The one Dealer I talked to that did seem the most knowledgeable here said the earliest the ABS version will arrive is June. Unfortunately I really don't have the patience to wait that long. If it's really not even going to be till late May when the standard version arrives I may find myself the owner of a Ninja.
The dealer I put my deposit down at for a Black one at told me before I went in that all the CBR250s were reserved except for one black and a couple red. The paperwork I got with the deposit and price show I have "stock number: 00001". So...maybe not as much interest here in SLC.

Oh yeah...and I'm gonna be getting frame sliders.

·
Registered
131 Posts
CBR Guy and Honda-Biker: I'm getting a Red Non-ABS. Primary reason for the decision was the Fuel Injection and overall craftsmanship of the Honda. It seems a lot more up to date compared to the Ninja. Although I think the Ninja looks sportier, I like the Honda in almost every other category so CBR it is.

As for the crash bobbins/frame sliders, does anyone know where to get ones for the CBR 250 or are there even any out yet?

Xplorguy: I had the choice of the ABS for the first shipment to but decided not to because I didn't like the whole "linked breaks" idea. Also I've driven a couple cars with ABS and didn't quite like it all too much. As for the price I had to put $500 down and then:

$435.00 Freight & PDI
$5.00 OMVIC fee
$12.43 Tire tax
$0.00 Admin fee
$5595.16 Total

I was going to wait until I could test drive it but all the places around Ottawa here in Canada were all almost sold out of all the bikes as of last week. And it was still another month before they got them, pretty crazy.
Good choice on going for a CBR250R in red.

I see people are taking advantage of the ABS offer and most are going for that over the non-ABS. Why did you decide to go with the non-ABS CBR250R over ABS?

$435 for freight & PDI, wow that seems like a lot to me. Is that what it's suppose to be around?

·
Registered
216 Posts

$435.00 Freight & PDI
$5.00 OMVIC fee
$12.43 Tire tax
$0.00 Admin fee
$5595.16 Total

i guess those are the best possible ways...

Lol if we all love the ninja fairings.. lets just go buy them and modify them on! hahaha

I have not checked out my local dealer for the bikes yet. But i should really do so soon...

As for frame slides none of any major companies that u know right now have them available but some of the smaller thai companies that have already modified cbr250's have them..

Hope that helps you out.

¢Í§áµè§ CBR250I BY K-SPEED - 250.00 - ***** ¢Í¢Íº¤Ø³·Ò§ AP HONDA .·ÕèãËéà¡ÕÂõÔÃéÒ¹àÃÒ K-SPEED ¹ÓöÃØè¹ CBR250I ÁÒµ¡áµè§µÒÁÊäµ·ìàÃÒ K-SPEED à¾×èÍà¾ÔèÁ¤ÇÒÁâ´´à´è¹áÅÐÊÕÊѹãËé¡ÑºÃ¶ÃØè¹¹Õé´éÇ ¤Ò´ÇèÒ¡ÃÐáÊöÃØè¹¹Õé µéͧÁÒáçÍÂèÒ§á¹è¹¹Í¹ ´éÇÂÃÒ¤ÒáÅÐÃÙ»·Ã§Ã

·
Registered
69 Posts
BD: I am in Eugene, no longer have a Honda dealer here! Will be going up to Salem to reserve my bike today...........
At least that isn't to far away. I definitely have a new appreciation for distances here. 30-45 minute drives seemed so long to me when I was there...here around SLC and the metro cities that's normal. A lot of it has to do with all the hills, trees, curvy roads of Oregon. Here, we're in a big basin so you can see your destination 40 miles away and pretty much stay on a straight line.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You guys seem to live far from any dealers.

A bike must really help on your commute.But it must be nice to let loose on the way t work or home, the 60MPG rating must be a huge plus!

·
Registered
69 Posts
You guys seem to live far from any dealers.

A bike must really help on your commute.But it must be nice to let loose on the way t work or home, the 60MPG rating must be a huge plus!

I'm not that far from the dealer I placed my deposit at, less than 8 miles so I may walk to the dealership when I go pick up my bike.

·
281 Posts
BD, I have spent a good bit of time in Moab 4 wheeling. Incredible scenery and adventures ! I did get a bike ordered today with $200 deposit....they are thinking mid May. I won't be able to walk to the dealership...about 55 miles away......BLACK ABS.......I am excited!

·
Registered
69 Posts
BD, I have spent a good bit of time in Moab 4 wheeling. Incredible scenery and adventures ! I did get a bike ordered today with $200 deposit....they are thinking mid May. I won't be able to walk to the dealership...about 55 miles away......BLACK ABS.......I am excited!
55 miles away... I thought Salem and Eugene were like 30 minutes away....okay, I'm an idiot- I was thinking Corvallis. The beer and **** tastes the same..just the colors that are different ;)

I won't really walk to mine...may take public transit though. I also put my deposit on black, although I noticed my paperwork doesn't specify that. There is so much speculation out there about when these bikes are coming in I can't stand it! My dealer isn't expecting the ABS version to be available till June, but that was with them saying the first couple of bikes being available "late March, early April", then a second batch coming in late May again standard brakes. I'm at the point where I want black so ABS or not I am getting the one that's available.

I haven't been to Moab yet, but we are going around Memorial weekend. Should be fun, everyone I have heard talk about Moab loves it there!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe in Thailand but Europe release and north America release is going to take forever!!!!

I keep hearing speculation about the bikes coming in May.. sigh

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've seen one too many low side crashes. It really helps save your bike if you have frame sliders and even bar end sliders. Those are a lot cheaper to replace than getting repair done on the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts