Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
The thing I learned from my crashes is to just get back on the bike and learn from them. Wether they were from a parking lot tumble, off road because you took the wrong line, or even high speed. Get back on and keep on riding.

Motorcycling is inherently dangerous. Just know that when you swing that leg over the seat.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing I learned from my crashes is to just get back on the bike and learn from them. Wether they were from a parking lot tumble, off road because you took the wrong line, or even high speed. Get back on and keep on riding.

Motorcycling is inherently dangerous. Just know that when you swing that leg over the seat.
I agree - getting back on after a crash is the real test.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Off road I lose it from time to time; it goes with the territory.

On the road I have done all I can to avoid crashing since my last accident over 40 years ago; I have been actively riding for over 50 years now, and licenced for 47 years. It doesn't mean I am bullet-proof, nor do I have any special skills or training. Similar with most people I know. However, I do see a few people who have multiple accidents, and they remain accidents waiting to happen.

Ride to the conditions, and be super aware of what is going on….. avoid having to crash.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've only had one serious crash in over 30 years of riding. The hardest part was getting over the apprehension after the accident and getting to feel comfortable on the bike again, but if you love riding you get there eventually. I took so many learning experiences away from that one accident that it's drastically improved how I ride and how I think about riding. Not that I'd ever want to do it again, but it definitely made me a better and safer rider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts